Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 51

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
chanty 77

#501: Post by chanty 77 »

orrinc wrote:How does adding the Lelit Water Softening Filter affect the process of refilling the water tank? Is it easy to pull out the hoses with the filter attached, or does it drip and make a mess, or fall off?

Everything about this machine looks wonderful except the water tank design (and the fact that you can't see the water level easily via a window of sight glass).
I don't rinse out the entire water tank as often as I probably should because it almost under out kitchen cabinets & we don't have much room on the counter to move this machine about. When I do, the worst part of taking the tank out is it is a very tight fit against the machine. I'm always afraid I'm going to slice the hoses as the water tank rubs against the hoses as you slide it out of the machine. I just pull the hoses out of the machine & the water softener stays intact without any problem or mess.

dndrich

#502: Post by dndrich »

orrinc wrote:How does adding the Lelit Water Softening Filter affect the process of refilling the water tank? Is it easy to pull out the hoses with the filter attached, or does it drip and make a mess, or fall off?

Everything about this machine looks wonderful except the water tank design (and the fact that you can't see the water level easily via a window of sight glass).
There is no need to take out the tank. What I have done is put felt feet on the rubber feet so that the machine slides easily. Then, I have a cheap funnel and a gallon water bottle. I simply put the funnel in the top of the tank and fill. Easy and no mess. I occasionally take out the filter, and yes, it can drip just a touch of water. Simple clean up. I love this machine.

chanty 77

#503: Post by chanty 77 replying to dndrich »

Yeah, I use a funnel also & put a small flashlight to look in to see how high to fill the water in the funnel. Yet, you really should remove the entire tank to clean it out well. Maybe not all the time, but however you think it should be cleaned completely due to bacterial buildup.

leiko49

#504: Post by leiko49 »

I have a lelit Victoria, and was thinking of modding the water tank by simply cutting the top off so it is more open, easier to clean, etc. Will this work?

bringyoutomyhell

#505: Post by bringyoutomyhell »

Hi guys, quick question, if you open the steam valve during a shot does the puck pressure decrease like it does in a single boiler like the Victoria? Just wondering if some kind of rudimental flow profiling is possible this way

skansen

#506: Post by skansen »

leiko49 wrote:I have a lelit Victoria, and was thinking of modding the water tank by simply cutting the top off so it is more open, easier to clean, etc. Will this work?
You can cut half of the top of water tank. Part with water level sensor should remain untouched.
bringyoutomyhell wrote:if you open the steam valve during a shot does the puck pressure decrease like it does in a single boiler like the Victoria? Just wondering if some kind of rudimental flow profiling is possible this way
No. Opening steam valve will not affect brewing pressure.

orangetikibird

#507: Post by orangetikibird »

A couple of newbie questions that I think I've missed. I think I've read the whole thread at some point and I've watched many of the Dave Corbey videos of the Elizabeth (very helpful).
  • 1. I've been using the R Palvis water recipe with potassium bicarbonate for a TDS of about 60 since I got the machine in January. I'm not using the water softener. Is this ok? I just never wanted to descale the machine. (I think this is ok, but just wanted to check with other users).

2. How often do I need to backflush? Or backflush with detergent? *. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing this often enough.

3. The water from the hot water valve has the occasional black speck in it. Always small, but size varies. I don't use my hot water valve often. If that's coffee grounds, how do I fix it? FWIW, I tend to steam milk every day I use the machine in colder months.

4. With a fresh bag of espresso, the puck keeps sticking even dosing between 14.5-17 grams. It's only been a reoccurring issue with this bag of coffee.I'm guessing I shouldn't really worry about it.
*We use the machine 3-5 times a week, 2-3 shots every day we use it.

Thanks for everyone's contribution to this thread. It was super helpful when I decided to get the Lelit Elizabeth.

wwwpuntoit

#508: Post by wwwpuntoit »

Hi guys, just got an Elizabeth a few days ago... So far I love it.
I've set the temperature indicator to tr1 in the advanced settings and today I noticed that if I press the plus button I see both a steam temp and another temp with the cup symbol which I assume is for coffee but it was much higher than the real coffee temp that I get by not touching anything and the LCC.. Are there multiple coffee temps? Cheers

orangetikibird

#509: Post by orangetikibird »

wwwpuntoit wrote:Hi guys, just got an Elizabeth a few days ago... So far I love it.
.. Are there multiple coffee temps? Cheers
Do you have an offset for the coffee boiler? I wonder if what your seeing when you get the coffee cup symbol is the real brew boiler temp which might be higher due to the Ec value.

wwwpuntoit

#510: Post by wwwpuntoit »

How can I check this?