Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 50

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
chanty 77

#491: Post by chanty 77 »

Initially, I was told that it is NOT necessary to recharge the Lelit water softener cartridge, just replace it every 6 months. Now I'm hearing it is a good idea to recharge it every 2 weeks. Do you all agree this is absolutely necessary? It is so hard to move our machine around in tight spacing with small counters & cupboards right by the machine. Thanks.

dndrich

#492: Post by dndrich »

chanty 77 wrote:I don't know how old your machine is, but mine came with tip of the tube with two v-shaped cut outs - I'm assuming to make room for that cartridge nipple. There is another option that was recommended:
https://clivecoffee.com/products/oscar- ... ning-pouch
Mine did too. The V shaped cut is not to make room for the cartridge. It is there to prevent the hose from sucking on the side of the water reservoir and ruining the pump. Sadly, the hose will split along that axis when the cartridge is installed full. The nipple is just too big.

chanty 77

#493: Post by chanty 77 » replying to dndrich »

Why don't you call 1st Line Equipment and question them about problem? They are the U.S. distributor of Lelit machines/products. I would think if this is a documented problem, they would either make a new water softener just for the Elizabeth machines or update the one they are recommending.

Soharu

#494: Post by Soharu »

chanty 77 wrote:Why don't you call 1st Line Equipment and question them about problem? They are the U.S. distributor of Lelit machines/products. I would think if this is a documented problem, they would either make a new water softener just for the Elizabeth machines or update the one they are recommending.
I have raised the issue with lelit and 1st line. 1st line thinks it needs to be that tight and says they can send out a replacement tube if it becomes a problem.

I think I'm going to wetsand the nipple down or just simply not use it. I use TWW water anyway

BodieZoffa

#495: Post by BodieZoffa »

chanty 77 wrote:Why don't you call 1st Line Equipment and question them about problem? They are the U.S. distributor of Lelit machines/products. I would think if this is a documented problem, they would either make a new water softener just for the Elizabeth machines or update the one they are recommending.
Possibly look into testing your tap water and go from there... I'm not in favor of the insane water chemistry tweaks that some tend to do as most tap water should suffice with minimal involvement. I test mine occasionally as well as checking the yearly published reports from the municipality it's supplied from and go from there. My Silvia Pro came with some sort of lame softening pouch, but I'd never bother with it or any other type as it's simple/effective to use balanced water to begin with.

I know some aren't mechanically/technically inclined, but I'll gladly call any vendor/manufacturer out on the claim that some machines shouldn't be descaled at home. Of course using decent water to begin with virtually eliminates any need for descaling, but I've yet to have a machine I couldn't descale myself if ever really needed.

Soharu

#496: Post by Soharu » replying to BodieZoffa »

My tap water is normally about 170-190ppm and it's city water - The city is working on cleaning it up though and they know about it. I normally use TWW and then the lelit filter.

I sanded the nipple of the filter today with 220 grit wet sandpaper and that fixes the problem.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't even use the filter since I'm using TWW with distilled anyway, but 1st-line has been fussy on warranty claims for scale if they didn't buy the filter in 6month intervals

giboja

#497: Post by giboja »

hajinima wrote:Hi all
I have a very strange issue with my Lelit Elizabeth. My water reservoir is getting super hot, almost boiling since the return hose is leaking steam into the water reservoir. I opened the machine but can't find anything strange except the valve ( not sure of the name ) seems to be allowing steam to leak back into the water. Has anyone experienced this?

Run on to the sam issue few days ago. It was broken seal inside steam boiler overpressure safety valve, 5.5 bar.
So steam from steam boiler was running back to water tank heating it up.

chanty 77

#498: Post by chanty 77 »

When you guys are changing out the gasket, the shower screen--do you put the machine on its back? (Obviously removing water tank)

JRising
Team HB

#499: Post by JRising » replying to chanty 77 »

Not usually, though I have in the past had to lean machines, lie them on their sides, back or face, for certain activities.

If you're asking will it hurt the machine to lie on its back, no, it's fine. A little water will dribble through the vacuum-breaker valve into the tubing, but it will just drip over the driptray when the machine is back on its feet. It won't hurt anything. I strongly suggest removing the top panel and laying it on a towel to prevent water from dripping into the body as well as to prevent scratching the body.

Note: Posts directly relating to changing the Elizabeth's Group Gasket are split off into "Lelit Elizabeth, Changing Gasket" topic. This one's too long.

orrinc

#500: Post by orrinc »

How does adding the Lelit Water Softening Filter affect the process of refilling the water tank? Is it easy to pull out the hoses with the filter attached, or does it drip and make a mess, or fall off?

Everything about this machine looks wonderful except the water tank design (and the fact that you can't see the water level easily via a window of sight glass).