Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 46

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Gjpapa

#451: Post by Gjpapa »

Also, does anyone know about a mod that replaces the steam knob, maybe some craftsperson who makes this, or might be willing to? I like the look of the machine, but that plastic knob is pretty cheesy.

dndrich

#452: Post by dndrich replying to Gjpapa »

Clive Coffee sells a nice wood one for $35. I have it on my Elizabeth.

SutterMill

#453: Post by SutterMill »

Gjpapa wrote:Also, does anyone know about a mod that replaces the steam knob, maybe some craftsperson who makes this, or might be willing to? I like the look of the machine, but that plastic knob is pretty cheesy.
If your looking for a custom option you can try HB member Cannonfodder.

Here is his thread

chanty 77

#454: Post by chanty 77 »

Gjpapa wrote:Did they mention why they didn't recommend recharging? Java Jim seems pretty sure about it... :)
Yes, they did say they did not recommend recharging. Well, if I can't get a hold of a Lelit water softerner cartridge, I'll have to go to Plan B. Someone mentioned Expobar water softener cartridge. White plastic construction. Not compatible with braided plumb lines, and silicone tube not included. Fits silicon inlet tubes to all Expobar models with reservoirs.
I just want to be able to make sure it is TRULY compatible with the Lelit one.

dndrich

#455: Post by dndrich »

So they recommended against recharging, but it does work. The Lelit filter is a standard resin filter. Here are instructions on how to do it.

https://www.1st-line.com/technical-supp ... reservoir/

Now, it is not perfect, and if you see resin beads then the thing is not reusable. I have recharged mine once, and checked the water softness before and after, and it does work.

chanty 77

#456: Post by chanty 77 replying to dndrich »

I read somewhere(and nope, my brain doesn't want to remember) that you could even go 1 year without changing the cartridge, but Clive recommended 6 months. I wonder if it lasts longer depending on your coffee usage/making. I only make (99%) of the time ONE 4 shot espresso with about 4 oz. of steamed milk per day.
I also wonder if the Exobar cartridge is truly compatible with the leit one.

Gjpapa

#457: Post by Gjpapa »

I ended up buying the generic resin filter that 1st Line sells (since Lelit not available), and installed it easily. The fit around the silicone tube is a bit looser, but still works. I'll be recharging it every 2 weeks, as I did the lelit, and replacing every six months. I'll let you know if the coffee suffers.

chanty 77

#458: Post by chanty 77 replying to Gjpapa »

Thanks. I never recharged mine--just replaced every 6 months. That's what the vendor told me to do anyway. Maybe because I only drink one cappuccino per day (a 4 shot with steamed milk & froth) I don't have to recharge it or maybe that has nothing to do with it.

shanester

#459: Post by shanester »

dndrich wrote:Clive Coffee sells a nice wood one for $35. I have it on my Elizabeth.
Would you share the link? I don't see it.

dndrich

#460: Post by dndrich replying to shanester »

https://clivecoffee.com/products/wood-k ... so-machine

Interesting that Elizabeth no longer shows up in the description. I'd call them. My first one did not fit and I exchanged it.