Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 45

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Dazzle12

#441: Post by Dazzle12 »

The brew boiler only fills after the shot is finished. This avoids temperature fluctuation. The steam boiler will refill during use if you are steaming 750ml or more milk in one go (eg for hot chocolates).

boren

#442: Post by boren »

Darren, is this documented somewhere or did you reach this conclusion through observation?

Pflunz

#443: Post by Pflunz »

Dazzle12 wrote:The brew boiler only fills after the shot is finished. This avoids temperature fluctuation.
Then why is the pump on during the shot? Your comment does not make sense.

chanty 77

#444: Post by chanty 77 »

I will have owned my Elizabeth (which I love) for one year by the end of June (2022). This could be the roast I am using, but not sure how often you Elizabeth owners change out the gasket. My espresso (no matter HOW MUCH espresso I use, no matter HOW FINE I grind it) is running too fast--within 4 seconds after turning pump on. It typically was 8-10 seconds after pump turned on it would start to drip. Makes me wonder if the gasket where you attach the portafilter to the machine is worn already? THanks.

JRising

#445: Post by JRising »

chanty 77 wrote: Makes me wonder if the gasket where you attach the portafilter to the machine is worn already? THanks.
If the water is running outside of the portafilter, then yes, you should probably change the gasket.

If the coffee is just running through the portafilter and out the spout faster than you want it to, dose more and grind finer. Grind finely enough that you completely stop the flow through the portafilter, then back off a little coarser at a time until you reach a reasonable flow rate. Adjust by taste from there. (And make sure to dial in using fresh beans, there's no sense trying to dial in stale beans and never getting what you want).

chanty 77

#446: Post by chanty 77 » replying to JRising »

Thanks. You know, I thought of that after I posted this that water isn't running over the portafilter--so it probably isn't the gasket. It might be the blend I'm using--cuz I'm pretty fine at this point (well....the beans are anyway) & had dosed up to 18.6g. I'm using Olympia Little Buddy--very fruity--also the more I read on it people are saying it is more of a light medium, but website says just medium. Maybe that is why I'm having more issues.

chanty 77

#447: Post by chanty 77 »

I am ready to replace my lelit water softener 35L, and every place I've checked in Sold Out. What????? Anyone have any luck anywhere in the USA? Thanks

dndrich

#448: Post by dndrich »

They tend to come and go. I bought mine from Clive Coffee. They were out, and then they had them. I think you can put in a request to be notified when they are available. And, you can recharge the one you have that will work for a while. I recharged mine recently.

chanty 77

#449: Post by chanty 77 » replying to dndrich »

Thanks, just chatted with Clive (where I got my espresso machine & buy the softeners) & they really didn't have a clue. Said they were out for a while, & lelit continues to push back the dates. Clive also told us (a technician there) they didn't recommend the recharging. They did recommend this pouch----BWT Water Softening Pouch. I was looking for how this works vs. the cartridge on their site, but it really says zilch, and it would be nice to know before ordering it.

Gjpapa

#450: Post by Gjpapa »

Did they mention why they didn't recommend recharging? Java Jim seems pretty sure about it... :)