Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 33

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
maliks

#321: Post by maliks »

I'm having the same issue with the water tank? Anyone found a solution for cleaning or replacing it?

chanty 77

#322: Post by chanty 77 » replying to maliks »

This is what I posted: https://espressokultur.at/produkt/lelit ... -und-pl92/ I just want to be absolute sure it will be okay to replace the one that came with the machine. At this point, don't know if the $39.90 is German money or English. If German, English would be about $6 even more expensive.....but I am getting to the point it may be worth the money. So many of us can blow money on worse things, right? Maybe I could easily make my own, but not going to. I'm bad.
When I cleaned it & changed out the water softner cartridge--the vendor suggested using half white vinegar with half warm water. SInce there is no kind of brush that one can get down that small hole and actually clean the machine with the brush--just shook it & let it sit in there a bit before emptying & rinsing really well.
I really love the Elizabeth, but I find it odder than odd that Lelit wouldn't replace the water tank that they have to know is annoying beyond annoying. Such a great machine and such a crap water tank.

The only incentive to clean out the water tank regularly instead of just adding fresh water when it goes down is to bite the dust so to speak & spend the money on the water tank from espressokultur.at. I did send this info to Lelit & asked them if they would agree this would be okay to use. They said yes. I asked why they don't put a water tank like this in their not cheap espresso machines? She said she would pass this on. Okay? I even asked the vendor if they felt this particular water tank would be ok to switch with the one that comes with the machine. They said 'yes'. Thing is I haven't determined whether I want to spend over $40 for this tank. Not gonna make one, not that mechanically inclined.

Nizar

#323: Post by Nizar »

Hi all, just got an Elizabeth recently.. Any ideas why some of them come with IMS baskets and some don't. Not complaining, just curious. :)

BodieZoffa

#324: Post by BodieZoffa »

chanty 77 wrote:This is what I posted: https://espressokultur.at/produkt/lelit ... -und-pl92/ I just want to be absolute sure it will be okay to replace the one that came with the machine. At this point, don't know if the $39.90 is German money or English. If German, English would be about $6 even more expensive.....but I am getting to the point it may be worth the money. So many of us can blow money on worse things, right? Maybe I could easily make my own, but not going to. I'm bad.
When I cleaned it & changed out the water softner cartridge--the vendor suggested using half white vinegar with half warm water. SInce there is no kind of brush that one can get down that small hole and actually clean the machine with the brush--just shook it & let it sit in there a bit before emptying & rinsing really well.
I really love the Elizabeth, but I find it odder than odd that Lelit wouldn't replace the water tank that they have to know is annoying beyond annoying. Such a great machine and such a crap water tank.

The only incentive to clean out the water tank regularly instead of just adding fresh water when it goes down is to bite the dust so to speak & spend the money on the water tank from espressokultur.at. I did send this info to Lelit & asked them if they would agree this would be okay to use. They said yes. I asked why they don't put a water tank like this in their not cheap espresso machines? She said she would pass this on. Okay? I even asked the vendor if they felt this particular water tank would be ok to switch with the one that comes with the machine. They said 'yes'. Thing is I haven't determined whether I want to spend over $40 for this tank. Not gonna make one, not that mechanically inclined.
With my Silvia Pro I remove/clean the tank/lines every 10-12 days as regardless of how clean an environment is and quality water used there will be some buildup over time due to the temp change, etc. I'm glad that Rancilio has used that basic tank/lid design for a long time as it's very durable, super easy to keep spotless and just works. No way I could tolerate the Elizabeth tank design for my rather heavy daily use. I'd be making some sort of brush/cleaning system or break out the Dremel and seriously modify the top of the thing without sacrificing rigidity.

domes

#325: Post by domes »

I totally agree on the water tank design. Seems like a very easy fix from Lelit. Maybe on next model revision it will be updated and available for purchase separately. I use those cleaning tablets that fizz up and then rinse the tank a few times every couple of weeks.

I hadn't thought about cleaning hoses. Is there a guide to do this for the Elizabeth?

I also experience similar strange behavior in the 9 vs 10 bar pressure changes and don't know what causes it or what to think of it.

chanty 77

#326: Post by chanty 77 » replying to domes »

I checked with the vendor I bought the Elizabeth from (Clive Coffee). The tech didn't say anything about using fizzing tablets. I was just told to do the 50-50 white vinegar & warm water rinse.

dndrich

#327: Post by dndrich »

I read this whole thread over the last few weeks. I have purchased a Lelit Elizabeth tonight online from Clive Coffee. This thread has been helpful. I hope I do OK with the water tank! The rest of it looks amazing. It will pair nicely with my Niche Zero. Upgrading from my Barista Express, which has given excellent service during the pandemic.

chanty 77

#328: Post by chanty 77 » replying to dndrich »

I love the Elizabeth. Only issue is with the dopey water tank. I fill it with a plastic funnel I put inside the hole where the water goes. I use a measuring cup to put water into the funnel.

Beady79

#329: Post by Beady79 »

For those doing multiple shots, what kind of consistency are you getting between them?
I've had my Elizabeth for a couple of years now and originally the second shot would have greater yield than the first, but in the last few months its gone quite severely in the opposite direction.
My first shot can be perfect (16g in 32g out, nice channeling with naked portafilter), then the second shot with exactly the same grind size, tamping etc could get a yield of half of that and the channeling is horrible up to the point it is spraying all over my bench.
I'm pretty precise with my prep method, so it is definitely the machine.
I'm back flushing every 2-3 weeks, so probably not that.
Also happens whether I use the steamer or not.
Anyone else experience this?

scrane

#330: Post by scrane »

Are you verifying the temperature is OK? You can set up the machine to provide real time brew temperatures.

Typically, this is what I see on my Elizabety every morning. My brew temp is set for 93* C.
On startup. the brew boiler will quickly ramp up, and when the OK is displayed it will be about 115* C! (If I leave it alone the temp will drift down to around 93* after a half hour.) I will then steam some milk for my wife and use the hot water dispenser to fill and preheat my 8oz cup. As the water in the brew boiler is replenished the temp will drop to 87* and will smoothly ramp up and stabilize at 93* in about 30 seconds at which point I'll draw my Espresso.
So, if I draw my Espresso as soon as the OK is displayed I will be brewing at a very high temperature.