Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 29

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
leterell

#281: Post by leterell »

Hello all. While otherwise very happy with my Elizabeth, after my last backflushing yesterday the brew pressure has increased from a very stable 9 bar thus far to about 11.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

I'm wondering if some crud has found its way to the OPV. Anyway i think I'll do a thorough backflush today and if that doesn't help the adjustment shouldn't be too hard from what i hear...

bryan

#282: Post by bryan replying to leterell »

Are you using the same coffee and grind setting as before? It's not unusual for the Elizabeth to hit 11 bars with finely ground coffee at the factory OPV setting.

You might also consider dropping the shower screen and shower holder (the brass part) to see if there's anything obstructing flow.

HTH

leterell

#283: Post by leterell »

Yeah, i thought it's maybe not a monthly endeavour to drop the shower screen. Not an old machine. But I'm grinding fine to keep doses reasonable, with 13g i can drink a couple coffees on the morning, with 20 I'd have to make do with one... So maybe it's the fine grind. The coffee's the best i ever had at the moment so also thus hesitating with major adjustments...

There's also the whole "brew pressure should not exceed 9 bar" chant one hears alot. Maybe it doesn't always apply...

chanty 77

#284: Post by chanty 77 »

How do you all clean your water tank and how often? I'm thinking of one of those long handled bristle brushes. The hole on the tank is not very large. Thanks.

KentuckyFriedCrypto

#285: Post by KentuckyFriedCrypto »

Would someone be so kind as to send me the dimensions of the drip tray?

TIA

bryan

#286: Post by bryan »

chanty 77 wrote:How do you all clean your water tank and how often? I'm thinking of one of those long handled bristle brushes. The hole on the tank is not very large. Thanks.
I find that the tank doesn't needs cleaning very often. I just remove the reservoir, soak with a small amount of Puly Caff dissolved in hot water, and rinse throughly. YMMV

bryan

#287: Post by bryan »

KentuckyFriedCrypto wrote:Would someone be so kind as to send me the dimensions of the drip tray?

The outer part of the drip tray (1400116) measures approximately 300mm wide x 133mm deep x 45mm high.

The grille insert (1600046, not shown in the diagram) measures approximately 272mm wide x 118mm deep, with a small amount of wiggle room when placed on the drip tray.

HTH

chanty 77

#288: Post by chanty 77 »

bryan wrote:I find that the tank doesn't needs cleaning very often. I just remove the reservoir, soak with a small amount of Puly Caff dissolved in hot water, and rinse throughly. YMMV
I'm probably being paranoid, but couldn't a descaler leach into the plastic of the water tank?

bryan

#289: Post by bryan replying to chanty 77 »

I was referring to regular Puly Caff Cleaner, not Puly Descaler. The main ingredient in Puly Caff Cleaner is Sodium Percarbonate.

To be fair, it's been argued elsewhere that Puly Caff is overkill for cleaning the tank, and all you need is dish soap, but I believe that it should be safe as long as it's dissolved completely and rinsed thoroughly afterward :)

KentuckyFriedCrypto

#290: Post by KentuckyFriedCrypto »

Much appreciated Bryan!