Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 24

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
skansen

#231: Post by skansen »

I found "THE A2-70" on mine, so A2-70...

andrewjames

#232: Post by andrewjames replying to skansen »

Thanks for your help, but that is the type of screw, not the size :( I ordered an Aeropress to tide me over until I can find the missing screw or its size. Hopefully 1st line will know what size it is.

andrewjames

#233: Post by andrewjames replying to andrewjames »

Lelit customer service says the screw is a TSPEI INOX 5X16. This site has more details: https://www.roolvit.com/index.php?route ... ct_id=9935

It is a metric size flat head screw with 5mm diameter and 16mm length. I was able to grab a new one from my local hardware store that fit, but I'm posting the dimensions for future reference if anyone needs to replace the screw in their machine.

MagsH

#234: Post by MagsH »

aak20in wrote:Hi guys, new to the forum and new to espresso. Due to covid-19 my wife and I are both working from home and not able to go for our espressos, lattes or cappuccinos. So deciding to plunge into making them at home. Researching the Lelit Elizabeth I can't across this thread. I wanted to ask you guys if there was a way to plumb the machine directly to a filtered water line. We don't want to move the machine from underneath the cabinets every time it needs to be refilled (sorry I am lazy that way). Otherwise from what I'm reading this machine seems to fit our needs. We are total nubbies when it comes to espresso making.
Thanks
Whilst you can't plumb directly, have you checked the clearance? It's a removable reservoir to refill or you could carefully pour from a jug.

It's a great machine for nubbies in my opinion as there are so many things preset to help you get a great result with little to learn. Then you can play around later if you want to adjust things. It's the smallest and most compact dual boiler I could find - which makes home steaming a dream too.

Brownjer

#235: Post by Brownjer »

Hi Everyone,

I've had my Elizabeth V3 for about 2 months now and have been really enjoying it. Recently (i.e. within the last week), I have been noticing consistent channeling in my shots. The channeling is always on the right hand side of the basket at the edge (see attached picture). My typical brew routine consist of weighing, grinding, leveling, and tamping. I'm fairly confident that my tamping good and level with consistent pressure. I'm using an ECM bottomless portafilter with the a 20g VST rigged basket. I also tamp using the ECM tamp stand. Note, I think I'm gridding fine enough. Even with the channeling my shots are pulling in about 35s (with 7s pre-infusion). Any Ideas what may be the likely culprit?

hercdeisel (original poster)

#236: Post by hercdeisel (original poster) »

Well, channeling almost never has to do with the machine and is almost always down to puck prep.

That said, to check the machine I would look at the flow from the machine without a portafilter in to see if all the water is predominantly coming out on one side. If it was I'd do a back flush with cleaning solution. If the problem still persisted (ie the problem is water coming out predominantly on one side of the group head), I'd probably take off the shower screen to clean it manually.

If you find that there's nothing suspicious at the group head, I'd then check the basket. Run some shots to see if water is coming out of the basket only from one side. If so, check the basket to see if you've got a clogged basket.

For fun, to check your puck prep, I'd also deliberately try to move the channeling around different sides of the portafilter, left, right, front and back.

domes

#237: Post by domes »

The endless waiting for the Elizabeth to be in stock....how many are moving on to a different machine that is available? I am holding steady for now but what are the chances a version 4 is around the corner in September? What features or updates would you like to see implemented? Better steam knob has been mentioned and I have thought the water tank could be improved with open top and handles. Anything in the LCC that could be improved?

Knightey-

#238: Post by Knightey- »

Where did you take this information about the V4 version?

domes

#239: Post by domes »

Only speculation on my part as I don't know if there will be a v4. Hoping some have heard some rumors as I have read of none. The Victoria however could really use a v4 to get the same quiet pump as Elizabeth and the LCC firmware upgrade to provide for various timed pre-infusion options.

leigh17

#240: Post by leigh17 »

I'm looking for my first espresso machine and looking at the Lelit Elizabeth V3 or the Mara X but interested in their performance making milk based coffees.

If I want to make 6 lattes at a time, how long would this take approximately? Would you pull 2 shots, then steam milk for 2 cups, then do the next 2 etc?

How does the Elizabeth hold up with this?

Thanks in advance for any insights.