Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 21

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
e-spresso

#201: Post by e-spresso »

after three days of usage I can say I will never regret getting the Elizabeth.
I can make a very fine Espresso and Cappuccino with just some adjustments to the PI and temperature and shottimer.
Now I'm having much better Cappuccinos as ever before.
I use atm the Mokaflor Oro Espresso, that I got as a gift.
Tho maybe not the best, but even this makes a nice cup.

Brownjer

#202: Post by Brownjer » replying to e-spresso »

That's great to hear. Looking forward to getting my own.

Cerini Coffee & Gifts: official US importer for Olympia Express
Sponsored by Cerini Coffee & Gifts
hajinima

#203: Post by hajinima »

I am about to purchase Elizabeth as my first serious espresso machine however am confused about the preinfusion settings. Can the preinfusion time be altered in either shot type? ( steam pressure pre-infusion and bloom phase ). For example, can you prolong the bloom phase from 12 seconds to 20 if you wanted to?
Thank you

ETX

#204: Post by ETX » replying to hajinima »

There are in depth video reviews on Dave Corbey youtube page, it explains all you need to know about different settings and how to set it all up etc etc.
Good luck.

hajinima

#205: Post by hajinima »

Thank you!

steelval3

#206: Post by steelval3 »

I've had my Elizabeth for almost a month now (V3 purchased from Clive) and am very happy with the purchase. Excellent build quality, relatively quiet, beautiful machine. Some of the more advanced features described in this thread really shine through (including the real-time temp check for the steam and water that I believe was just introduced in V3), and excellent steam quality. Very impressed, very happy!

RJB83

#207: Post by RJB83 »

can the vibe pump be upgraded to a rotary pump ?

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
greminn

#208: Post by greminn »

Sooo excited! Our Lelit Elizabeth V3 has just arrived to join our Eureka Mignon Specialita grinder and replace our 8 month old Breville Barista Express :D I am very happy with my choice, it is the perfect look for our Kitchen and I love the style over the standard e61 style look machines. Thanks to this thread for the wealth of info that helped to make the decision as well 8)

With our local roaster beans of choice, I have had to dial the Specialita right down to 1.5 or so to get the flow correct. As of now I am running 18grams in the double basket with about 33grams out after 28/30 seconds with the standard 6 seconds of pre-infusion using button 2 on the machine. The coffee is more bitter than the output of the BBE. I queried the roaster about short or long pre-infusion and he mentioned they don't use it on their commercial machine in their espresso bar.

Maybe its running a little quick and I need to slow the shot down even more?, but also wondering about adjusting pre-infusion length as well.

I guess this machine is such another level than the BBE, im asking for any thoughts to get a better result please

hercdeisel (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#209: Post by hercdeisel (original poster) »

greminn wrote: Maybe its running a little quick and I need to slow the shot down even more?, but also wondering about adjusting pre-infusion length as well.
Yep, don't underestimate the power of pre-infusion on the required grind to get your flow rate target. From my experience with a BBE, for example, 6 seconds of manual on preinfusion with that machine is a LOT less water than 6 seconds of preinfusion on the Elizabeth (although some of that will be controllable by how hot you have your steam boiler).

Try 0, 2 and 4 seconds of pre-infusion and see how much that changes your grind size requirements. A grind that gushes at 6 seconds can absolutely choke the machine at 2 and especially 0. I generally find 4 seconds of pre infusion for medium blends to be pretty solid.

greminn

#210: Post by greminn »

hercdeisel wrote:Try 0, 2 and 4 seconds of pre-infusion and see how much that changes your grind size requirements. A grind that gushes at 6 seconds can absolutely choke the machine at 2 and especially 0. I generally find 4 seconds of pre infusion for medium blends to be pretty solid.
Many thanks for your suggestion. This has made a good difference (at 2 ATM), so will now start to play around knowing the variables. Cheers!