Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience - Page 17

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Fazolejh

#161: Post by Fazolejh »

tmchow wrote:Just went through all 14 pages of posts. Thanks to everyone for posting all the wealth of info.

I'm pretty set on this machine after exploring the Mara C, Profitec 300, etc. all those machines can't fit on my countertop. I looked at the BDB but biased against breville after having a bambino plus for a little while (yes I know they are completely different). Also don't love the way the BDB looks (yes completely subjective).

The latest generation/version of the Elizabeth look like nice upgrades, such as the new pump from the Mara X.

A few questions:
1. For all existing owners, after all this time, any regrets? If you were buying now, would you still buy it?
2. I read earlier potential issues with the steam wand either too easily unscrewed or loose feeling so it moved too easily while steaming. Is this an issue for people?
No regrets too. No steam wand issues. :-)
I would buy it again. I have small place for it and I love its compact size. So it has only + for me.

Im thinking about some better basket for bottomless portafilter (I have original one). I tried some basket but I had no luck. There was bad curve on the edge of the basket so the profile was higher (profile of basket in portafilter) and It was impossible tighten it to Elizabeth. I dont know baskets which are compatible with Lelit portafilters. And I dont want buy it for test only. :-(

skansen

#162: Post by skansen »

Try IMS B68 2TC H26.5E. Fits well into Lelit PF.

Fazolejh

#163: Post by Fazolejh » replying to skansen »

Im from CZ so I found the closest to me. Is the right one?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IMS-Competitio ... SwGgdcfTKs

I use standard Lelit 2 cups basket which was in Elizabeth box. I put 18g in and I think its perfect. There is description of Lelit baskets - https://espresso.lelit.com/accessorygroup/15 and I think that I have 2 doses (14-18g). The IMS is 18-22g. What is better for 18g shot? Im little confused. :-)

edit: I downloaded IMS cataloque and there are 2 types of basket borders. See the image. But there is not Lelit in compatibility list.

skansen

#164: Post by skansen »

Elizabeth use E61 portafilter, so B70 baskets fits perfectly.

oldskoolboarder

#165: Post by oldskoolboarder »

Thanks to all the posters. I've been researching my upgrade and while I was close to pulling the trigger on the BDB, I couldn't ignore this one.

bzarycranski

#166: Post by bzarycranski »

New Lelit Elizabeth v3 owner here after purchasing from 1st Line a few weeks back.

In all, very happy with this purchase and quite a different user experience compared to my Cimbali Junior DT1 purchased 10 years ago. My only problem has been having pucks sticking to the group shower screen almost all of the time. Seems there is perhaps less head space with this unit and the supplied Lelit double basket which may be causing the problem, I don't know. I tried reducing the dose from 18 grams, to 17 g, 16 g and 15 grams but the lucks still stick all or in part.

Using 7 second preinfusion (3 pump plus 4 steam pressure (~2bar)) and total shot time ~33 seconds. Head gasket is still quite tight when locking in portafilter but I attribute this to the new gasket. I checked and there is no impression of the shower screen/screw in the coffee bed prior to extraction. Coffee is Lusso decaf at 200 F.

Any suggestions?

Bill

hercdeisel
Supporter ♡

#167: Post by hercdeisel »

bzarycranski wrote: I tried reducing the dose from 18 grams, to 17 g, 16 g and 15 grams but the lucks still stick all or in part.
I'm not sure what basket they're shipping but for my v2 elizabeth the 'double' basket was said to be a 14g basket and the 'single' was a 7g. That said, I dose mine currently with 15g for some coffees but more often in the 14g range (14.5 is usually my target).

bzarycranski

#168: Post by bzarycranski »

Thanks, Matt.

I believe Lelit's double is likely referred to as a '14 gram' basket but same for my EPHQ 14 gram basket in which I can up-dose to 18 grams if needed on the Cimbali. I can always try that basket (or my 18 g VST) in Elizabeth but for now I will work with 15 grams or maybe lower to see if the sticking continues.

skansen

#169: Post by skansen »

bzarycranski wrote:My only problem has been having pucks sticking to the group shower screen almost all of the time. Seems there is perhaps less head space with this unit and the supplied Lelit double basket which may be causing the problem, I don't know. I tried reducing the dose from 18 grams, to 17 g, 16 g and 15 grams but the lucks still stick all or in part.
Try bigger dose - for example 19g and stronger tamping...

krousti

#170: Post by krousti »

I am willing to upgrade the lcc. The current version is 5.02. What is a version of the new lcc ?