Lelit Bianca Warm Up & Recovery Time - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CascadeCoffee (original poster)

#11: Post by CascadeCoffee (original poster) »

A couple other things to add in case this might help others...
  • I found it surprising that a solid state relay could fail in this way...reduced voltage on the output rather than stuck on or stuck off.
  • Apparently solid state relays can get very hot and based on the metal backing, I assume they need to be in direct contact with the frame of the coffee machine which acts as a heat sink.
Hope this helps!

#12: Post by CascadeCoffee (original poster) »

Looks like I could have ordered this elsewhere for half the price. :cry: Still happy to support Jim and 1st-line! :D

In case anyone else has a problem with their SSRs on a Lelit Bianca, the manufacturer's part number is RF1A23M25. It took a while to find someone I could order from in the US who had it in stock and would let me order just 1 instead of 10. Below is a link to what I found in case it may help someone else.

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/en/car ... 01728.html

Advertisement
sketcher88

#13: Post by sketcher88 »

One long term suggestion, if you're getting that much scale, maybe move to filtered water (something that drops your hardness)? I have a plumbed in setup but an everpure is cheap to set up for that, it was under $80 USD on amazon. Even an RO is pretty cheap if you're manually filling and you can use it for drinking water too.

#14: Post by CascadeCoffee (original poster) »

Thank you. I only went down the scale route since others had suggested that might be the cause but after pulling out the steam boiler heating element I could see there was virtually zero scale in the boiler or on the heating element. I'm using a BWT Bestmax Premium filter.