Lelit Bianca V2 Unboxing Gripes

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Nusstu

#1: Post by Nusstu »

I ordered this from my local dealer and waited almost 2 months as was told there is a delay in shipping due to covid. Finally got my lelit bianca v2 and unboxed it. Have yet to brew my first cup as its late in the afternoon. These are just based on initial looks and built. I'm noticing a couple of things here.

1) The wood accents have very different tone colours. I know that wood being a natural material can vary in colour, grain etc. But just a little disappointed that the portafilter handles are so much lighter in colour than the knobs and I might even guess they're a different wood altogether. Not sure if anyone else faced this, but the images that I see online seem to be pretty closely matched in tone. I've attached an image here with even lighting to show the stark difference.

2) The stock baskets are quite low quality. I mean for the price you'd expect better quality ones. Even 20 bucks filter baskets are better made than this. The base seems very crudely soldered to the sides. I've attached images and there are holes that aren't even punctured fully with very clearly different sizes as well.

3) The portafilter has tiny metal shavings stuck around the spring holder and the edges where the grooves are for the springs are very roughly cut and quite sharp when running my fingers over it and they'll scratch the baskets pretty bad everytime you change.

I'm hoping to hear others impression of it. Not sure if this is a quality control recently but I've read glowing reviews of this before deciding to pull the trigger but somewhat disappointed. Overall I'd say the finishing quality isn't very refined.

Advertisement
badgerbimmer

#2: Post by badgerbimmer »

I'd send it back.....

Eiern

#3: Post by Eiern »

I'm waiting for mine and it's been a long wait here too due to Covid. I have seen wood ranging from beautiful well paired on some machines to boring light yellow ones and mismatched ones. I really hope for a good looking one. And I sure hope the quality is top notch, I have not heard about faults in metal before. I do not plan to use stock baskets but yeah they don't look well made.

iseebirdsfly

#4: Post by iseebirdsfly »

While it looks like they are saving a bit on the accessories - its only portafilter. If you are buying machine with flow control you probably would end up buying VST basket anyway. Also some of their accessories are clearly outsourced production cause you can see other brands that look exactly the same. As for the handle color, try asking maybe they can replace it. Just trying to say enjoy the machine and don't be sad about minor imperfections that can be fixed/upgraded in the future anyway.

Nusstu (original poster)

#5: Post by Nusstu (original poster) »

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, it seems that they're cheaping out on the accessories. Just not what I expected on a premium machine like this and am slightly disappointed. :roll:

My objective to post here is to get feedback from other bianca owners and also to set the expectation for potential new owners. I'll try to ask my local dealer see what they can do about the portafilter and basket and I'll test the machine later, hopefully its good.

Coolguy8877

#6: Post by Coolguy8877 »

Expecting my Bianca mid-July. Obviously hoping for an in-tact quality machine. Wondering if Lelit as well as their suppliers may be impacted by the pandemic. Looking forward to hearing if your machine is in working order.

IcemanT

#7: Post by IcemanT replying to Coolguy8877 »

Same here, im expecting mine mid July as well.

Hopefully the machine is in proper working order and QC not affected by current world situation.

Advertisement
TangyWasabi

#8: Post by TangyWasabi »

Expecting mine this upcoming week, I'll be fairly annoyed if my almost $3,000 machine comes with mismatched wooden anything, if I'm being totally honest ...

IcemanT

#9: Post by IcemanT »

Nusstu wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, it seems that they're cheaping out on the accessories. Just not what I expected on a premium machine like this and am slightly disappointed. :roll:

My objective to post here is to get feedback from other bianca owners and also to set the expectation for potential new owners. I'll try to ask my local dealer see what they can do about the portafilter and basket and I'll test the machine later, hopefully its good.
Please keep us posted if you hear back from your dealer. Thanks!

Jenbo47749

#10: Post by Jenbo47749 »

The wood on mine looked good. However, the drip tray was slightly deformed from transportation, but I was able to bend it even on the kitchen counter. Still - I would have expected the grid of the drip tray to fit better overall.