Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 85

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
LeoZ

#841: Post by LeoZ »

hfal wrote:Hello. I have lelit bianca. I have the same problem. The water from the hot water tap has a bitter taste and smell. No bitter taste in the water from the group. What can be the problem. the machine is new and never cleaned with chemical cleaners.

were you or anyone able to diagnose or remedy this? i am noticing the same. quite interesting.

thusband

#842: Post by thusband »

So I've been using the LLC for pre-infusion at 7 seconds on then 5 off for a while now and like my results but I'm getting the urge to fool around a bit.

I could probably turn that LLC setting off and just use the paddle (I do dial it down at the end of the shot now). Does anybody start out with a low pressure for a pre-infusion and then build up to full and back down at the end?

I'd be interested to hear about some profiles.

thm655321

#843: Post by thm655321 »

For a 20g shot in a VST ridged basket, I do preinfusion for 30s at 2-3 bar, resulting in just a few drips. Then 9 bar for the first 20 grams, 8 bar for the next 10 grams, 7 bar for the next 6 grams and 6 bar for the final 6 grams for a total of 42 grams.

Cerberus

#844: Post by Cerberus »

I recently installed the water filtration system from Clive Coffee and I noticed the following:
  • The line pressure when the machine is on, but not in use, is at ~50 PSI | The pump sits at 3 bar
  • The line pressure when the machine is on and in use, is at ~30 PSI
  • The line pressure when the machine is on, and I'm using the backflush / blank basket, the pressure starts at 30 PSI and goes to 50 PSI in 18 sec
While the Bianca is quiet and operating normally, I wasn't sure if the above is actually normal/OK. Per 1st-line, the PSI should be between 35-40 PSI, while I believe Clive is saying 30-45; however, I'm not sure if they're talking about the pressure while in use or while in the "suspended' state. Can someone chime in, please? Is there an issue with the pressure sitting at 50 PSI while machine is not in use?

MJKBSC

#845: Post by MJKBSC »

Hello,

Which one is best for the Bianca, IMS nano or VST basket, ridgedless or ridged.Also what is a good shower screen
I am planning to get the 18g and the 20 g
All suggestions are welcome
Thanks in advance

slybarman

#846: Post by slybarman replying to MJKBSC »

Stock shower screen is just fine IMO. Stock basket is good up to 17g IMO. Over 17g and I run out of head space. Search this thread for VST, as I recall the pros/cons have been discussed in some detail.

dak

#847: Post by dak »

MJKBSC wrote:Hello,

Which one is best for the Bianca, IMS nano or VST basket, ridgedless or ridged.Also what is a good shower screen
I am planning to get the 18g and the 20 g
All suggestions are welcome
Thanks in advance
I've been using the 20g and 15g VST ridgeless with my Bianca. I personally prefer the 20g basket but I can still get a good shot with the 15g, I just have to grind finer. I definitely prefer the ridgeless to ridged. No coffee stuck in the ridge and easier to remove when needed to clean. Spring in the portafilter is plenty strong to hold the ridge less in place with using a knock bar.

As far as using VST baskets with a flow profiling machine, some have argued that they are redundant and also that they can be finicky, but I still prefer them to the stock baskets and for FWIW I also preferred them to the IMS basket I tried. I like the ability to grind very fine with them and also like that the are easier to keep the holes clean and clear.

I recently tried out an IMS Nano screen and while I don't think it's worse than the stock screen, I'm not sure there is a huge improvement. It is easy to clean though...

MJKBSC

#848: Post by MJKBSC »

thank you

shotwell

#849: Post by shotwell »

Has anyone found a bottomless portafilter that can fit baskets bigger than a 20g VST and allows a direct swap of the original Bianca handle? I'm doing some profiling shots that seem like they would benefit from a 24g basket, but there's no way to do that in the original portafilters.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#850: Post by baristainzmking replying to shotwell »

This one:
https://clivecoffee.com/products/clive- ... ortafilter

This one

https://clivecoffee.com/products/ecm-an ... ortafilter

And this one:

https://clivecoffee.com/products/clive- ... ortafilter

You can double check with Clive Coffee. I am sure you can also find cheaper ones. :)

Edited to add, the espresso parts HQ 21+ gramps ridgeless basket fits Bianca's botomless portafilter.

https://www.espressoparts.com/espresso- ... ess-basket
Julia