Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 78

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
SeaRizz

#771: Post by SeaRizz »

another_jim wrote:Weird! It looks like a plug on a boiler opening not being used. But whatever it is; it needs to be replaced. Call 1st Line's service department if you bought the machine in the US.

I received the replacement parts from 1st Line and easily installed them. It is indeed the vacuum valve. The cap melted down into a sticky goo, then browned like a marshmallow. The replacement part is actually just a hose that fits over the barbed fitting, the cap or elbow is deleted. I suspect that I am not the first to experience this as Jim at First line indicated that this was "the fix". If you haven't had a look, it might be worthwhile to take the lid off and check the condition of the cap. Jim was super helpful and I received the parts within a couple days. First rate!

SeaRizz

#772: Post by SeaRizz »

I don't know where your pipe and cap is but that must be the vac breaker as I can identify clearly all the other components.

You might be getting cavitation from a scaled up 1 way valve or debris in the seat. It's usually the first valve after the rotary pump. I might have identified it in the video...can't remember. I find re watching videos I made boring.[/quote]

I rewatched the video Dave, thanks again for the helpful tour! It was indeed the vacuum breaker. The cap melted and the hose was left to flop around inside the case. I have no idea how long it's been this way. Jim at Firstline sent out a replacement hose, which fits over the barbed fitting on the service boiler and the cap is now deleted.

I am not sure what you're referring to as far as cavitation however. Was this directed at me or re: the loud pump that another poster was asking about?

sweaner

#773: Post by sweaner »

robertw wrote:The question for me now is how did my wife do to lead to that state, causing the machine to shut down?
Oh, they just know how to do those things! :lol:
Scott
LMWDP #248

Deeneee

#774: Post by Deeneee »

Hi,

I've been enjoying my Bianca for several months now and am amazed at it's ability to produce top notch espresso. I have been using the Bianca with tank and have been impressed with the overall quietness of the machine.
Recently, however, I decided to plumb in the Bianca and immediately noticed that the machine got noticeably louder. I am wondering if this is normal. Have tried decreasing pressure but then the machine starts to produce cavitation. Increasing pressure merely maintains the same noise level. Can anyone perhaps with the same experience shed some light?

My inline pressure sits at 30 psi (controlled via regulator)
Pressure at gauge on machine is 2 bar
Water hardness = very soft (30 TDS)

I'm happy regarding the convenience that plumb in offers but am somewhat disturbed by the increase in noise level.

Thanks in advance.

thm655321

#775: Post by thm655321 »

This is a quote from 1st Line's page on plumbing in the Bianca:

Water pressure: The range in water pressure to avoid issues is 35-40 psi. The line should have a backflow preventer and separate shut-off valve, and it should be 3/8th preferable to avoid water line or mechanical vibrations.

Also, try it without the regulator. I had an issue where my regulator failed causing the Bianca to be starved of water. Without the regulator my pressure on the Bianca's gauge at idle is just under 4 bar.

Deeneee

#776: Post by Deeneee »

Thanks,

I had come across those instructions from 1st line and have adhered to its recommendations. Still I have found a considerable difference in noise level when compared to using the tank. I found that settling the regulator pressure at 30 bar gave me the most quiet operation.

Have you ever had your Bianca running on the tank? If so did you find the pump noise to be quieter than when plumbed? In any case do you find your Bianca to be louder than others when compared to others, ie., videos of Biancas online, etc.? wondering if the increased noise is simply a normal byproduct of running the machine plumbed.

Your suggestion of trying it without the regulator is a good one. I will try that but will need to find a way to bypass it (more tube connections).

Thank you very much. Appreciate the response.

thm655321

#777: Post by thm655321 »

I have never used the reservoir, it has been plumbed in from day one. Mine is a very quiet machine. Perhaps you have vibrations/noises coming from inside the machine as a few others have had on here (see a few pages back in this thread).

Deeneee

#778: Post by Deeneee »

Thank you. Your comment reminds me that I may have moved or dislodged something inside the machine when I tilted it to plumb it.

wesleynance

#779: Post by wesleynance »

SeaRizz wrote: I received the replacement parts from 1st Line and easily installed them. It is indeed the vacuum valve. The cap melted down into a sticky goo, then browned like a marshmallow. The replacement part is actually just a hose that fits over the barbed fitting, the cap or elbow is deleted. I suspect that I am not the first to experience this as Jim at First line indicated that this was "the fix". If you haven't had a look, it might be worthwhile to take the lid off and check the condition of the cap. Jim was super helpful and I received the parts within a couple days. First rate!
Just sent my email, found the same issue on my machine.

wesleynance

#780: Post by wesleynance »

slybarman wrote:Following up on my previous posts regarding vibration from inside the machine.

I replaced the pieces of plastic card with pieces of thin silicone per Lelit's suggestion (I cut small strips from a silicone baking mat).

Machine has been running silent since I first put the pieces of plastic in.

I consider this problem solved.

One item of humor: When removing one of the plastic pieces I accidentally dropped it down into the machine. I fished it back out with a wad of gum on the end of a chop stick. I successfully retrieved the piece of plastic only to drop the wad of gum into a small corner of the machine where I couldn't easily retrieve it. I now have a very specific personal identifier in my machine that makes it unique from all others. Don't try to steal my machine - I will know it's mine. :P
My Bianca has been very buzzy as well. I put some silicone pad where you indicated and that has helped. It still needs a bit more- still buzzing a bit somewhere. I'll work on it more tomorrow.