Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 73

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Drew

#721: Post by Drew »

LeoZ wrote:Hey folks! just got my bianca.. loving it :)

quick question - do other people's machines routinely drip from the drain spout? every 5 mins or so, its a little gurgle and a few drops come out.
Mine does the same, I think someone earlier had the same question, the answer was, this behavior is normal for Bianca.

Rayedf

#722: Post by Rayedf »

slybarman wrote:Finally got around to capturing a video of the intermittent vibration on my Bianca. I purposely ran a shot slow to be sure there would be back pressure. I watched a video from lelit the other day showing how to replace the LCC and they had the case off the machine. There are a couple of brass tubes and a brass coil that run down the back of the machine. I am thinking maybe one of these is intermittently making contact with the case. I will have to run the machine with the top (and maybe the back) off to be sure though. While the cups and trays are on in this video, I have run the machine with everything taken off and still get the vibration. Sometimes I can make it stop by squeezing the sides of the body just slightly which makes me think it is something in the back.

video
Hello,

I'm having the same issue and have yet to open the case to check from inside. I have had the machine now for a little over two months and it's running nicely. About a week ago, the rattling noise started despite the machine running perfectly fine. Now, the machine was a little bit damaged when it arrived from FedEx but it seemed harmless, and still not sure if it's anything related to the damage, but I have considered it a possible casue.

In the video you will notice that the rattling noise is quietened when pressing against the casing.

slybarman

#723: Post by slybarman »

Rayedf wrote:Hello,

I'm having the same issue and have yet to open the case to check from inside. I have had the machine now for a little over two months and it's running nicely. About a week ago, the rattling noise started despite the machine running perfectly fine. Now, the machine was a little bit damaged when it arrived from FedEx but it seemed harmless, and still not sure if it's anything related to the damage, but I have considered it a possible casue.

In the video you will notice that the rattling noise is quietened when pressing against the casing.
video
Interesting to see someone having something similar. My machine is warming up now and I am going to run it with the top off to see what I can figure out. Will let you know if I get it pinned down.

slybarman

#724: Post by slybarman »

WARNING - MAY NOT BE SAFE FOR WORK. PHOTOS OF BIANCA TOPLESS BELOW !!

j/k.

She knows I am watching and naturally not making any unusual noises now. It's like taking your car to the mechanic when its making a strange noise. It always stops the moment you pull onto the mechanic's lot.

The plate circled in red below seems like the most obvious source I could see. I believe this is the plate that protects the Gicar unit from inadvertant moisture but you can see one side of it is touching the case.

slybarman

#725: Post by slybarman »

Sorry for the multiple posts. I found the the source. The cover over the gicar was only responsible for very minor vibration. The real culprit is circled below. A (copper?) tube runs right against an (aluminum? stainless steel?) support member and vibrates against it. I am going to put a thin piece of plastic or something between both of these and that should fix it. I would do paper or cardboard, but I am not sure how hot that tube gets.

Edit: For now I shoved a piece of a plastic CVS key chain loyalty card in there. Anyone care to speculate on the melting point of one of those? 8)

Edit next day: had a much quieter cup of coffee this morning. :mrgreen:

Rayedf

#726: Post by Rayedf replying to slybarman »

LOL I almost closed the tap on that warning!

Man! I can't thank you enough for posting this. Hopefully my problem is the same and then you have saved me the time to do the investigative work.

I will check back this weekend, with an update on my issue and whether your fix will work on mine.

slybarman

#727: Post by slybarman replying to Rayedf »

If yours is the same cause that will make it easier for you. If not, just carefully poke and prod things while its running until you make the vibration start/stop. I don't recommend using your finger as there are hot and live electrical bits in there. A wood dowel, chopstick or pencil might make a good proxy.

I sent my video and photos on to Lelit so they can check their design/manufacturing if needed.

Edit: Lelit wrote back and suggested I swap out the plastic card bit I used for a piece of silicone. I may have a silicone place mat or baking mat somewhere that I can cut a piece off of.

Quenthel

#728: Post by Quenthel »

Hi everyone! My name is James, I live in Switzerland and in account of being the proud owner of a new Lelit Bianca, I thought I would join your lovely community. The information I found in this forum pretty much drove me towards that choice over alternative dual boiler machines (I was also looking at a Pro700 and a Synchronika). I got mine new for CHF 2050 (about USD 2080 and EUR 1880) which, compared to the other two candidates it's a bargain.

I do not have extensive experience with espresso machines though. My previous one was a rather unimpressive (to say the least) Delonghi SCZ351 and before that an Illy Iperespresso appliance . I am an engineer by trade however and I do like my experimentation; I expected that I have to take my time with the machine. What I did not expect is that even without the grinder properly dialed in, the espresso I got out of it was so much better than anything I made myself before that and easily better than the espresso made by something like 90% of all cafes I've been to.

Here's a pic of my setup. The machine greatly compliments every space I've seen it be a part of!

P.S.: The Breville grinder is nothing special, but it works well enough (for now).
My photographic portfolio: qphoto.gr

slybarman

#729: Post by slybarman replying to Quenthel »

Welcome. I visited your country for the first time this summer and really loved it (lauderbrunen, grindelwald, and wengen). I hope to return sometime to see more.

Congratulations on the new Bianca. It is a very nice machine.

LeoZ

#730: Post by LeoZ »

apologies if this is a repeat, a thread search revealed 20 pages so it was hard to confirm. can anyone confirm inlet pressure? i think its 35psi, correct?

while on that topic, i plumbed the system, and notice that the BWT pressure reducer, doesnt. i cant find specs on it, but its making a marginal change to the standing pressure, from like 60-50psi. im assuming thats why standing pump pressure is sitting at 4bar, as a result.