Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 71

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slybarman

#701: Post by slybarman »

Lambretta58

#702: Post by Lambretta58 »

Does anybody know if there is a 4 hole steam tip that fits the Bianca?

My milk steaming is not up to where I would like it to be and would like to try a 4 hole tip but don't know if there is anything available except the stock steam tips that came with my machine.

Thanks

Christian

bakafish

#703: Post by bakafish »

I have a steam tip of EXPOBAR E61 which should be M8.5 and fits Bianca but not anti-burn. I use Vortex steam tip with a custom adapter. The inner tube was taken out.

kidloco

#704: Post by kidloco »

Quick question. I am working with light roasted Rwanda. Ground very fine, so I start with around 18 seconds PI @3 bar when first drops fall into the cup, 96C. But when first drops show up, in order to keep the flow around 1g/s I had to go all do way to the left and pressure is around 2 bar. Is it even possible to get shots starting like mine but they keep going normal speed at a higher pressure and would it change anything... The cup was nothing special 15g in 30 out, little to bit of everything without promised floral notes. Tried the same with 15/35 just loose acidity and bring up the bitters...

Still did not manage to get consistently OK shots with long PI

another_jim
Team HB

#705: Post by another_jim »

You may think you are grinding fine, but you are almost certainly not. My guess is you're not actually doing anything like 18 seconds. You need to keep the paddle full open until the pressure start to rise, then close it. This will take about 4 to 5 seconds.

If you want to do a long preinfuse shot, then you need a grind that is so fine that when you do not use the paddle (that is, you keep it full right throughout the shot), the shot will choke or only drip, rather than pour, when you hit full pressure after about 8 seconds. In the review, I asked people to use the machine in this way until they were not expert in dialing in their grinders.

You cannot profile properly unless you know your dose and grind setting schedules inside out for any style shot from an overstuffed triple basket to an under dosed single basket.
Jim Schulman

kidloco

#706: Post by kidloco » replying to another_jim »

Maybe picture from Acaia Lunar will help. Although grind seams very much like powder, I will try to go to the extreme later and see what will happen

PeteB

#707: Post by PeteB »

Have been running my Bianca for around three months now. Love the machine. There is one quirk I'm not so fond of though. It usually decides the service boiler needs filling while I'm part way through steaming milk.

While there is plenty of steam pressure available on the Bianca, I do find it a little irritating that the pressure gets reduced partway through the steaming process.

Is my machine usual or have others found the same? Don't recall seeing any other references to this characteristic.
PeteB

slybarman

#708: Post by slybarman » replying to PeteB »

I don't recall that ever happening. Are you steaming huge milk pitchers?

PeteB

#709: Post by PeteB » replying to slybarman »

Not at all. About 150mls.
PeteB

slybarman

#710: Post by slybarman » replying to PeteB »

Not sure if it's a factor, but my steam boiler is set to Max temp or very close to it. What is yours set to?