Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 66

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Misiak

#651: Post by Misiak »

kidloco wrote:Just ordered Bianca :shock: Sooooo, only thing to do i wait and explain to my wife why it was very important to do it....So if I am not back, nice knowing you all :mrgreen:
Good luck. My wife was bitching on me as well but only till the moment I made her a cup of coffee with this machine :D
Lelit Bianca PL162T - Niche Zero

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#652: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

slybarman wrote:I get an intermittent somewhat harsh vibration when the pump is running, but only when the group head is pressurized.With no portafilter or an empty portafilter the machine is near silent with the pump running and sometimes still is when brewing.

It's not the cups, tray, water tank etc. It is something internal.

Anyone else having this?
Not me, but do you see water dripping from the spout? If you do, it my be the OPV/safety on the brew boiler. It should be set high, around 12 bar, and only open only when the machine is turned off and on, as the water pressure changes due to the heat up/cool down.
Jim Schulman

Advertisement
skansen

#653: Post by skansen »

thm655321 wrote:A note for those who want to put the Bianca on a Wemo smart plug.

I was using the Wemo Insight smart plug (the one that monitors power) with the Bianca. I was also using the power standby timer built into the Bianca until I learned from this forum that it is better to turn off the Bianca and then switch it back on when needed. So I turned off the Bianca timer and added a timer on the Wemo Insight plug to turn off the Bianca after a set time. Trouble is, the timer on the Wemo Insight plug would keep resetting itself whenever the plug determined the Bianca was in "standby mode" and using less than 2W of power (the minimum threshold the Wemo app allows you to set for the Wemo Insight switch), which happens all the time once the Bianca is warmed up and idling.
My suggestion is to deactivate Energy Saving Mode in Bianca. It's possible via LCC.

Misiak

#654: Post by Misiak »

It will does not help because bianca may consume < 2W even in normal operation mode... at the other hand why would someone want to deactivate stand by mode? It's a good safety feature and the machine is ready much faster when going from stand by than from cold start. Also the power consumption is standby is very low, appx. 1KW/24h...

skansen

#655: Post by skansen »

tyrtok wrote:what is the warm up time u guys are getting?
on 220v, my steam and brew boiler (93C) warmed up in around 15mins. will update this post when i measure with a stop watch again.
In Lelit dual boilers (Elizabeth, Bianca) boilers are heated consecutively with priority of coffe boiler. Purpose is to reduce power consumption. As a result, warm up time is longer, that it will be if both heating elements will work together.
Misiak wrote:at the other hand why would someone want to deactivate stand by mode?
I suggested it to solve thm655321's problem with WiFi plug. As I understood his idea is to manage standby mode via plug, not via the coffee machine.

BTW in my DB (not Bianca) I deactivated energy saving mode and machine is working whole day when I'm at home. Thanks to this machine is immediately ready for coffee brewing/milk frothing. Power consumption is on acceptable level ~1kWh / day.

Misiak

#656: Post by Misiak »

Maybe I understood him wrong but I thought he has some problem with the plug if consumption is bellow 2W.

Are you sure the consumption with both boilers on 24h a day has the consumption of only 1KW? Because this is what I've meassured with bianca in standby. If so then it's super efficient and makes sense to run it 24/7. I'm just not sure it is good for heating elements :)

skansen

#657: Post by skansen »

Misiak wrote:Maybe I understood him wrong but I thought he has some problem with the plug if consumption is bellow 2W.
I'm also not sure what the problem exactly is, so I think that he can check it :)
Misiak wrote:Are you sure the consumption with both boilers on 24h a day has the consumption of only 1KW? Because this is what I've meassured with bianca in standby. If so then it's super efficient and makes sense to run it 24/7. I'm just not sure it is good for heating elements :)
My DB have smaller boilers. It's working wohole day (not night) only during weekends. When I compared power consumption with and without energy saving mode difference was about ~30%.

During weekends my machine is working from ~8:00 until ~18:00. What I'm enjoying is that it's immediately ready for coffee brewing and well heated...

Advertisement
slybarman

#658: Post by slybarman »

another_jim wrote:Not me, but do you see water dripping from the spout? If you do, it my be the OPV/safety on the brew boiler. It should be set high, around 12 bar, and only open only when the machine is turned off and on, as the water pressure changes due to the heat up/cool down.
Thank you. I'll check that next time it happens.

mohninme

#659: Post by mohninme »

Has anybody had an issue with the lower oring seal inside the profiling valve failing? I have been losing flow intermittently to the point where it would almost drop to nothing. I would pull the valve and would find nothing there. I would clean the screen, polish the needle on the valve and in some cases pull the gicleur for inspection and cleaning. After putting it back together it would work fine again. The issue became more and more problematic to the point where I would only get a half a dozen shots. The last time, I pulled apart, I found a small black sliver of something so I pulled apart the valve itself and found the lower oring was coming apart on the outer edges. I could see where many small bits had come away and had caused the plugged gicleur. All the other parts and surfaces looked perfect. I replaced the oring with a spare and it hasn't missed a beat since. The valve has been in service for 7 months.
Michael

PeteB

#660: Post by PeteB »

slybarman wrote:I get an intermittent somewhat harsh vibration when the pump is running, but only when the group head is pressurized.With no portafilter or an empty portafilter the machine is near silent with the pump running and sometimes still is when brewing.

It's not the cups, tray, water tank etc. It is something internal.

Anyone else having this?
No vibration while running for me. Maybe time to break out the screwdriver and investigate. Intermittent. Bah! They can be a pain to track down.
PeteB