Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 62

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slybarman

#611: Post by slybarman »

PeteB wrote:I'm trying to figure how you get a higher reading with the paddle closed that when fully open. Am I understanding you correctly?

I assume you are taking these readings with a blind filter-basket?
I wasn't able to make heads or tails of that either.

slybarman

#612: Post by slybarman »

PeteB wrote:I did the same... turned down the max pressure. But then found that if I ran a slow preinfusion with the paddle at around the 7 o'clock position waiting for the pressure to build to around 2 bar before opening the paddle fully, I was then only able to obtain a maximum of around 8 bar and then falling away for most of the rest of the shot. I haven't worked out whether or not that is important or not yet as I'm still juggling with a number of variables. Temperature being one. It looks like I' settling on an offset of around 12ºC up from the factory 10º for my machine.
What's that expression - all engineering is a compromise?

Misiak

#613: Post by Misiak »

PeteB wrote:I'm trying to figure how you get a higher reading with the paddle closed that when fully open. Am I understanding you correctly?

I assume you are taking these readings with a blind filter-basket?
Well, are we talking about the pump pressure right ? With blind filter it is similar but there is some ramp up time. If I start brewing the pressure is exactly 10 bars for couple of seconds. Once the basket is full with water the pump pressure will raise up to 10.5 bars. Not a big deal just interesting, seems that if there is a bigger resistance the pump pressure reads higher.

Also the grouphead pressure is different from pump pressure. I have noticed during brewing this raises up up to 11 - 12 bars so it is 1 - 1.5 bar more that the set pump pressure so people should consider this during brewing. Probably because of this reason it would make sense to set pump pressure to 9 bar instead of 10 because the pressure in grouphead is higher.
Lelit Bianca PL162T - Niche Zero

PeteB

#614: Post by PeteB »

For anybody who has an Eric's thermometer or similar lying around and is considering removing the Bianca's manometer to fit the thermometer to check group-head shot temperature, I can suggest not to bother.

I tackled the idea today only to find there is no way to remove the portion that threads into the group-head onto which the manometer is attached without a special tool. Ah well, curiosity with the idea satisfied....
PeteB

abdullah.ahmad

#615: Post by abdullah.ahmad »

Hi Everybody,

Today received my purchase of IMS 22 basket that I was waiting for it a month while, unfortunately :cry: that couldn't fit on bottomless PF of Bianca. my question is; can be possible to find BL PF that fits larger baskets works perfectly with Bianca ?
Abdullah Ahmad

Lambretta58
Supporter ♡

#616: Post by Lambretta58 »

Question about plumbing in a Bianca.

With the tank there is a float switch that connects to the machine via a plug in cable.

If you plumb it in you no longer use that tank switch and cable. Is there a pressure switch to show that it is connected to a pressurized water source? If so does it shut down the machine when there is no water pressure?

Just asking because I want to hook-up a flojet to mine. My water chemistry is such that I have to make my own water.

Thanks,

Christian
LMWDP #675

JRising
Team HB

#617: Post by JRising »

No.
It does NOT monitor pressure at the inlet. It is assumed that it always has adequate water supplied when plumbed in.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#618: Post by baristainzmking »

abdullah.ahmad wrote:Hi Everybody,

Today received my purchase of IMS 22 basket that I was waiting for it a month while, unfortunately :cry: that couldn't fit on bottomless PF of Bianca. my question is; can be possible to find BL PF that fits larger baskets works perfectly with Bianca ?
I bought this one (in walnut) to go with the 22g and the 25g VST baskets, fo the large lattes and for large americanos.

https://clivecoffee.com/products/clive- ... ortafilter

The two below should also work

Julia

Misiak

#619: Post by Misiak »

Does anyone know if there are any compatible "Chinese" BL PFs for Bianca from Aliexpress ? :)
Lelit Bianca PL162T - Niche Zero

Lambretta58
Supporter ♡

#620: Post by Lambretta58 »

JRising wrote:No.
It does NOT monitor pressure at the inlet. It is assumed that it always has adequate water supplied when plumbed in.
Thank you.
LMWDP #675