Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 61

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Misiak

#601: Post by Misiak »

I haven't read such reviews neither. Jim, could you post a link? I'm quiet interested because I found the brewhead is very hot even in standby mode. I meassured the power consumtion and it's around 1KW per 24h which is great. Theoretically this machine can run 24/7 without significant power bill increase.
Lelit Bianca PL162T - Niche Zero

slybarman

#602: Post by slybarman »

I have standby mode turned off and have a smart outlet that turns the machine off after my coffee time, so didn't have an opportunity to observe anything hinky about standby mode. I really like using the smart outlet for turning the machine on and off on a schedule or using my phone or voice commands to Google.

Advertisement
another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#603: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

PeteB wrote:I couldn't see how the group-head could possibly rise in temperature 25-odd degrees to a stable temperature in only a matter of minutes.
:) Nor can the group itself
Jim Schulman

slybarman

#604: Post by slybarman »

This morning I turned my Max pump pressure down to about 9.5 per Jim's post. I wish I had done it weeks ago. Much better. Much easier to hold around 9 bars during the shot and better control of the range under 9 bars.

Misiak

#605: Post by Misiak »

This is with paddle fully off? I have 10 bars now (was 11 from factory) when fully open and 10.5 bars when off.

Do you guys know what TrR means in shot counter? U have 200 TrR and 206 ToT ?

slybarman

#606: Post by slybarman »

Trr is the temporary resettable count, the other is the permanent non resettable.

In your case 6 shots were pulled and then the temporary was reset.

Misiak

#607: Post by Misiak »

Thanks, didn't know that. But I didn't reset the counter at all and had a brand new machine. Could be the 6 shots are coming from the factory ?

Advertisement
slybarman

#608: Post by slybarman »

Probably 1st line or the factory. They test the machine before shipping.

PeteB

#609: Post by PeteB »

slybarman wrote:This morning I turned my Max pump pressure down to about 9.5 per Jim's post...
I did the same... turned down the max pressure. But then found that if I ran a slow preinfusion with the paddle at around the 7 o'clock position waiting for the pressure to build to around 2 bar before opening the paddle fully, I was then only able to obtain a maximum of around 8 bar and then falling away for most of the rest of the shot. I haven't worked out whether or not that is important or not yet as I'm still juggling with a number of variables. Temperature being one. It looks like I' settling on an offset of around 12ºC up from the factory 10º for my machine.
PeteB

PeteB

#610: Post by PeteB »

Misiak wrote:I have 10 bars now (was 11 from factory) when fully open and 10.5 bars when off.
I'm trying to figure how you get a higher reading with the paddle closed that when fully open. Am I understanding you correctly?

I assume you are taking these readings with a blind filter-basket?
PeteB