Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 46

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
badgerbimmer

#451: Post by badgerbimmer »

Ordered mine today! Quite excited!!

abdullah.ahmad

#452: Post by abdullah.ahmad »

My all new beast will be on service by next month so far.
Abdullah Ahmad

Seels

#453: Post by Seels »

Hi

Tot the Bianca a month or so...
Reduced the pump pressure to 9.5bar

What I'm doing now is start the pump wait till 2bar and pre infuse for 15sec... than extract till 32g (18g in basket)

Does this seem like a good routine? Coffee is good with some milk...
I use a light roasted Ethiopian

Oh.. do you need to flush the Bianca before brewing??

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#454: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

No flush needed if everything is properly calibrated.

Low pressure preinfusion is good for getting the flow started on very fine ground coffee. My sense is that 3 bar is fastest in doing this (i.e. you'll see drops fastest at three bar, all things being equal). If the grind isn't very fine, the preinfusion time and pressure are less critical.
Jim Schulman

brianl

#455: Post by brianl »

another_jim wrote: When you are done Seattling, turn the valve all the way off, and then reset the paddle so it is all the way to the left, and you are back to the factory set up for profiling, (or for E61 classic style shots with the paddle all the way to the right, and the valve about 40% open, operating like a group jet)
When you say the classic 40% open shot. is this with the rotary set at 8 bar or the 10 bar usually recommended? or is it monitored on the group pressure gauge?

Team HB

#456: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

? It's a valve setting, not a pump setting. Lelit makes the preinfusion spring stiffer in the Bianca because the paddle, all the way to the right, is more restricted than the conventional group jet. The stiffer spring and smaller opening together give roughly the same timing as a base E61 to get up to pressure, i.e. whatever pressure you have dialed in. The more you restrict the paddle, the longer it takes. You can see how it works by using the blind filter and timing the pressure ramp up at various paddle settings.
Jim Schulman

badgerbimmer

#457: Post by badgerbimmer »

Eliz wrote:I just got my bianca and love it! I almost bought the gs3. Glad I did not. I am still learning but having lots of fun.
I do have a question about the timer people have been using. Does this machine run both the coffee boiler and steam boiler at the same time? That is a total of 1000 plus 1400 watts and plus the rotary motor running at 235watts. That is a total of 2635 watts running all at the same time?
I just don't want to get a timer that does not hold that much power. I am looking to use this machine for a long time. :D
Just received my Bianca. Have it all set up and now waiting until tomorrow to fire it up to make sure everything is dry (it was still wet on arrival).

I am reading the directions and it seems the steps you need to take at turn on are not conducive to using a timer to turn it on (i.e. at 5:30am so that it is warmed by 6:00am). My Vivaldi works just fine for timed start up. My Salvatore does not. Am I missing something?

Team HB

#458: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

I'm not sure what you mean. You have to make sure the steam is on (or off) and that the machine's sleep/economy timer is off or set to a long enough period. This is the same as the programming on most E61 DB machines, since they all use the same Gicar unit.
Jim Schulman

badgerbimmer

#459: Post by badgerbimmer »

So all the start up steps discussed in the user manual only need to be done for the initial start up. After that it is just a simple turn on and wait for the machine to warm up. Thats how the Vivaldi works. On the Salvatore you are supposed to open the steam valve, turn on, wait until steam valve is spitting water, turn steam valve off, wait until warmed up.

Orcasite

#460: Post by Orcasite »

I am reading the directions and it seems the steps you need to take at turn on are not conducive to using a timer to turn it on (i.e. at 5:30am so that it is warmed by 6:00am). My Vivaldi works just fine for timed start up. My Salvatore does not. Am I missing something?
I am not sure what specific directions you are referring to. I have my machine plugged into a Wemo plug and leave the on/off switch on the machine itself in the pushed in (on) position. In the morning, according to my set Wemo rules, the power comes on, the machine warms up (both brew and steam boilers) and by the time I arrive in the kitchen, it is ready to pull a shot.

I also have set a Wemo rule to shut the electricity off to the machine at a time beyond when I am likely to want another shot. Sometimes, when I am finished with the machine earlier , I just hit the green electric switch on the Wemo itself and that turns the power off to the machine. Thus, I haven't used the machine's om/off switch since I first manually turned it on.

I hope this helps you as the convenience of this method is wonderful.