Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 38

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Eliz

#371: Post by Eliz » Apr 28, 2019, 5:19 pm

Flushing from the portifilter?
Or from the water nozzle?

Eliz

#372: Post by Eliz » Apr 28, 2019, 5:20 pm

Or do you mean open the water nozzle and clean it up? WhT do you mean by flushing it? From where? I did try to run the water nozzle again.

another_jim
Team HB

#373: Post by another_jim » replying to Eliz » Apr 28, 2019, 7:22 pm

That's what I meant, just in case some debris was stuck in the valve, and stopped in from closing. If you've run a lot of water out of it, that either isn't the problem, or whatever is stuck is stuck tight. Maybe you should get in touch with 1st Line's service department. Their people are usually good at helping troubleshoot problems over the phone.
Jim Schulman

Eliz

#374: Post by Eliz » Apr 28, 2019, 7:57 pm

Thank you. I will. It still dripping after turning off the machine. I have already sent them an email of this concern. Until then, I will place a towel underneath the water nozzle.

Thank you!

Eliz

#375: Post by Eliz » Apr 30, 2019, 9:24 pm

Does anybody notice when after turning on the machine, about 2 minutes into warming up, about 1/8 cup full of water dripped from the back hole to the drip tray for about 5 minutes? Then it stops after 5 minutes, sit for another 5 minutes before the steams come out of the e61 group informing us that the machine is almost ready to use.

Please let me know if the drip is normal.

Thank you.

Eliz

#376: Post by Eliz » May 01, 2019, 12:24 pm

another_jim wrote:Have you already tried flushing it to clear out any debris in the valve?
I opened up the knob and there was an extra piece of rubber on top. That was the cause of my constant leak. It was difficult to take out as you need to wrench to do it to not scratch the wood knob. The manufacture sent it that way with the extra flap. It is not suppose to be there. Now after using teflon tape to put it back, no leak at all.

another_jim
Team HB

#377: Post by another_jim » May 01, 2019, 12:28 pm

OK, that's a completely new one -- "I have a great idea; let's add packing material so that everything leaks". Good catch.
Jim Schulman

Eliz

#378: Post by Eliz » May 01, 2019, 4:59 pm

I open the water knob, meaning I took the wood handle off of the machine and there is an red/orange gasket that prevents the water to flow out. On top of the gasket, there was an extra small piece on top of it. So it was not dust or debri, it was an extra flap of the same piece preventing it to close properly.

Eliz

#379: Post by Eliz » May 01, 2019, 5:01 pm

Eliz wrote:Does anybody notice when after turning on the machine, about 2 minutes into warming up, about 1/8 cup full of water dripped from the back hole to the drip tray for about 5 minutes? Then it stops after 5 minutes, sit for another 5 minutes before the steams come out of the e61 group informing us that the machine is almost ready to use.

Please let me know if the drip is normal.

Thank you.
I emailed lelit and they said this is perfectly normal. Normal that the water drips for 3 or so minutes during warming up time.

selmerfudd

#380: Post by selmerfudd » May 07, 2019, 12:55 am

another_jim wrote:2) The Bianca acts like a standard E61 when the paddle is full right.

"""""""1,3,4) These questions are too specific. The major point of profiling is to make shots with finer grinds to get higher extractions. Use longer preinfusions when you grind finer in order not to choke the shot. Here comes the countintuitive part: highly extracted shots taste softer, since the caramels and other heavy components extract more slowly. When shots taste too sour or too bright-bitter (like grass or lemon peel), grind finer and preinfuse longer.
""""""""""

Jim you said , "The Bianca acts like a standard E61 when the paddle is full right" .For real ?? ,, I'm surprised since the preinfusion is inhibited seeing the pre infusion spring is set at 12 bars. Is the Bianca's """fully open gicleur""" a smaller orfice than a stadard E61, and does that act like a "pseudo" pre infusion ???

Also ,,I think it would be time for a welcome addition to these posts and for all reading this that a list be compiled - sort of recipe list . Something that would be a compilation of different coffee recipes ,, for instance what is the recipe for correctly imitating a piston lever machine, or a Vibratory pump E61? What recipe would best imitate a Slayer, or a Synesso -- or a Strega with the combination of the internal pump and piston arrangement (I say Strega because you have had experince with one) ?? Etc etc.

It woudl be intersting for sure . I am also anxious to see one developped ! I am especially intersted in how to match a Bianca to imitate a Vesuvius ,, Why Vesuvius??? -- because although a Vesuvius uses pressure variation and not flow profile-- it does so with a variable speed pump ,,so in fact it also varies the flow due to the pump turning slower sending less water along.