Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 37

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pcrussell50

#361: Post by pcrussell50 » Apr 21, 2019, 10:13 am

nodrac wrote:I am using Lelit Bianca for 6 weeks. I have problem with puck. When i try to clean my portafilter.I knock pf. Every time coffee residue stay bottom corner of basket. I couldn't remove complete puck. What can be the problem?

I changed original basket with ims baristrapor 18gr basket, shower screen ims, and i use 18gr coffee.
I have a profiling machine with on-the-fly flow control like the Bianca, including an IMS shower screen, and I get some coffee residue remaining in the corner of the basket around the perimeter, too. I use VST baskets and Breville baskets, depending on the coffee. My coffee tastes good, so the residue doesn't bother me. I rinse it off with a group head flush, or in the sink.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

nodrac

#362: Post by nodrac » Apr 21, 2019, 10:30 am

Thank you for your answer.

Another question when you purchase new coffee, how do you start? First classic espresso recipe(18gr coffee 25-30sn 36gr yield) find correct grind size and taste, than try to pressure profiling?

I like my espresso tastes but when i compare good coffee shop espresso. My espresso taste smooth and good but i can't taste distinct aromas like in coffee shop. I have still mazzer mini. Could it be problem?

pcrussell50

#363: Post by pcrussell50 » Apr 21, 2019, 10:47 am

At the coffee shop they almost certainly do NOT flow profile the shot. There is some evidence that flow profiling blends the normally separate and distinct flavors of a coffee into one single flavor. So your grinder is a possibility, but so is the fact that you are extracting your coffee completely differently than they do at the shop.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#364: Post by Nunas » Apr 21, 2019, 12:01 pm

I don't have a Bianca. But, when I changed over to IMS baskets I noticed the puck was wetter and did not come out intact most of the time. I've no idea why.

another_jim
Team HB

#365: Post by another_jim » Apr 21, 2019, 12:02 pm

Sloppier pucks are a normal part of grinding finer and doing long preinfusions. You may need to wash out the basket rather than just wiping them down.
Jim Schulman

JayBeck

#366: Post by JayBeck » Apr 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Long, low flow preinfusions (10-40 seconds) require fine grinds. The primary purpose is these fine grinds have other / better / more complex flavors than coarser grinds pulled with little to no preinfusion. The only downside is that super fine grinds make for messy pucks.

Totally normal. Coffee done this way will beat 99% of the coffee shops in the world pulling 30 second shots. Only rare shops pulling 60 second shots with expert baristas will be in that 1%.

So enjoy your superior coffee! It's worth the mess!

nodrac

#367: Post by nodrac » Apr 21, 2019, 3:09 pm

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for my English. I hope i can ask my questions correctly.

1) I have questions people who use pressure profiling for a long time. How do you decide which coffee better with pressure profiling?

2) If i want to take classic espresso shot ratio 1:2 time: 30 second. Which position should i keep paddle? (on the right or center or left)

3) For long preinfusion 10-40 second how keep paddle position? (on the right or center or left)

4) 2019 Barista champion use 22 gr coffee 44 gr yield and 91 degree water. How can we understand which coffee colder water good?

Thank You

another_jim
Team HB

#368: Post by another_jim » Apr 21, 2019, 6:15 pm

nodrac wrote: 1) I have questions people who use pressure profiling for a long time. How do you decide which coffee better with pressure profiling?
2) If i want to take classic espresso shot ratio 1:2 time: 30 second. Which position should i keep paddle? (on the right or center or left)
3) For long preinfusion 10-40 second how keep paddle position? (on the right or center or left)
4) 2019 Barista champion use 22 gr coffee 44 gr yield and 91 degree water. How can we understand which coffee colder water good?
2) The Bianca acts like a standard E61 when the paddle is full right.

1,3,4) These questions are too specific. The major point of profiling is to make shots with finer grinds to get higher extractions. Use longer preinfusions when you grind finer in order not to choke the shot. Here comes the countintuitive part: highly extracted shots taste softer, since the caramels and other heavy components extract more slowly. When shots taste too sour or too bright-bitter (like grass or lemon peel), grind finer and preinfuse longer.
Jim Schulman

Eliz

#369: Post by Eliz » Apr 28, 2019, 4:04 pm

I used the hot water spout and now it is constantly leaking drip of water. It seems to drip a drop every 2 minutes. How do I stop the leak. I know the knob is tight but not to an extreme. Any body have any suggestions how to stop it?

Thank you!

another_jim
Team HB

#370: Post by another_jim » Apr 28, 2019, 5:01 pm

Have you already tried flushing it to clear out any debris in the valve?
Jim Schulman