Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 33

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Max1411

#321: Post by Max1411 »

Your welcome.

As you can see in my graph number 2, the overheating time is around 12min, which is too long in the single boiler case. Therefore it's better to abort the overheat mode, best at around 7min. You do that by turning the machine off and on, then the set temperature goes down from 120°C to your displayed/chosen set temperature immediately. It's a trick to make the machine think that it doesn't need the overheating mode because it's above the threshold of around 45°C at start-up.

By the way, I have a 230V machine with two 1400W elements, US machines maybe differ a bit.

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#322: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Thanks for this research, Max.

So, if you are in a hurry, you can get the group up to temperature in 10 minutes, by hitting the on/off after 7 minutes and stopping the rest of the overheating cycle. Otherwise 18 minutes is a safe minimum time. This makes the machine a good choice for people who want to be green and not run the machine all day. Previously, I thought the only serious machines for this audience were the Bezzeras with group head heaters. I may even change daily habits, although, like most, I'm only lazily and fitfully green.

The 45C threshold for the overheat may explain why I stopped using the economy mode -- coming out of it actually seemed slower than a cold start (checking the group, very roughly, with my finger).

I'll update the bench review with this info and link over to the post on Kaffeenetz this weekend.
Jim Schulman

Max1411

#323: Post by Max1411 »

Thank you, Jim.

Yeah, exactly. That's as fast as my old Pavoni, which was everything else than stable once it has passed that point. I think the BZ's are even a bit slower, I remember some Scace measurements and I think they were somewhere around 15-20min.

Without being really aware of it, I just started to change habits since I know those numbers. I kept my HX machine always running when I thought that maybe someone drinks coffee within the next 3 hours. I turn the Bianca always off or at least in single boiler mode if that time exceeds 30min...

And you are correct about the economy mode. It is as fast/slow as the dual boiler out of the cold. 18min.

robertw

#324: Post by robertw »

Hello Fellow Bianca owners,

After 2 months of use, I found Bianca's steam wand awkward to use, angle wise. I then notice that the wand's swivel base points straight down. I have a Lelit Mara also and its steam wand's swivel base is pointing outward. As a result, Mara's steam wand has better reach and can point straight down, something lacking in Bianca.

I wonder if it is possible to adjust the swivel base outward?

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#325: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

If you go to DaveC's excellent internal's tour, you'll see you have to open the machine and loosen the pipe conecctions. Then you may be able to turn the valve assemblies (I haven't tried it). From an appearance standpoint, you'd probably want to do both the steam and hot water valves.
Jim Schulman

Eliz

#326: Post by Eliz »

I just got my bianca and love it! I almost bought the gs3. Glad I did not. I am still learning but having lots of fun.
I do have a question about the timer people have been using. Does this machine run both the coffee boiler and steam boiler at the same time? That is a total of 1000 plus 1400 watts and plus the rotary motor running at 235watts. That is a total of 2635 watts running all at the same time?
I just don't want to get a timer that does not hold that much power. I am looking to use this machine for a long time. :D

Max1411

#327: Post by Max1411 »

It never exceeds 1600W, so it doesn't use both heating elements at once...

guydebord

#328: Post by guydebord »

Eliz wrote:I just got my bianca and love it! I almost bought the gs3. Glad I did not. I am still learning but having lots of fun.
I do have a question about the timer people have been using. Does this machine run both the coffee boiler and steam boiler at the same time? That is a total of 1000 plus 1400 watts and plus the rotary motor running at 235watts. That is a total of 2635 watts running all at the same time?
I just don't want to get a timer that does not hold that much power. I am looking to use this machine for a long time. :D
The WEMO WiFi switch integrates beautifully with my HomeKit network. It works great with the Bianca.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Eliz

#329: Post by Eliz »

Max1411 wrote:It never exceeds 1600W, so it doesn't use both heating elements at once...
Thank you for that.

Eliz

#330: Post by Eliz »

guydebord wrote:The WEMO WiFi switch integrates beautifully with my HomeKit network. It works great with the Bianca.
Thanks for that. I have been looking and I have going to look fir that one. I timed it to see how long it takes to heat up the machine to full temp, it is around 18 mins. That is really fast to heat up everything.

So, I will need to set it half an hour before My alarm goes off. :D