Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 31

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sweaner

Postby sweaner » Mar 17, 2019, 1:54 pm

The baskets that came with my Bianca seem to work just fine.
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Mar 17, 2019, 2:08 pm

I use sets of precisely matched baskets, so I can comparison test. Also, I don't like VST/Strada/Decent baskets because they have a very narrow dose range; I prefer baskets that can be dosed from about 12 to 16 grams.

The best baskets for this very specific set of criteria are the "Microfine" baskets sold by various espresso parts places and the more expensive Reneca baskets. Both these are shaped like the classic Faema or Cimbali baskets, so can be dosed in a wide range, but have better QC for their holes and overall weight.
Jim Schulman

Max1411

Postby Max1411 » Mar 17, 2019, 3:16 pm

another_jim wrote:I didn't get a lot of details for my review; but it's pretty transparent. The machine warms up in about 20 minutes whether the steam is on or off, and I don't notice any glitches or slow downs when I steam for tradtional cappas and make shots at the same time. But there's 2400 watts total in the 110/120 version, so while both can run together for a few minutes, they can't run together all the time. In any case, however they time share; I haven't noticed any problem with it.

People who've used it to make a bunch of bigger milk drinks in a row may have a better handle on any limitations.

Thanks Jim, I know from other DBs like the Synchronika that it is adjustable in the deeper Settings of the machine. If "dual heating" is not activated, the brew boiler has 100% priority and steaming while brewing significantly lags. I'll get my 230V Bianca in a few days and I'll check that. Any chance to find the manual and the manual for the advanced settings anywhere? Didn't find it yet.

nodrac

Postby nodrac » Mar 17, 2019, 3:29 pm

another_jim wrote:I use sets of precisely matched baskets, so I can comparison test. Also, I don't like VST/Strada/Decent baskets because they have a very narrow dose range; I prefer baskets that can be dosed from about 12 to 16 grams.

The best baskets for this very specific set of criteria are the "Microfine" baskets sold by various espresso parts places and the more expensive Reneca baskets. Both these are shaped like the classic Faema or Cimbali baskets, so can be dosed in a wide range, but have better QC for their holes and overall weight.

Which recipe or do you use certain reciper for espresso. For example; 14 gr coffe 30scnd 60ml espresso etc...

I think that i will buy ims 14-16 gr and 16-20gr baskets and shower screen but there i
S two type filter nano coated and non coated also price double 15/30 euro. Which one do you suggest?

pcrussell50

Postby pcrussell50 » Mar 17, 2019, 4:13 pm

You might try the 58mm Breville baskets. They have nice even holes, and a more traditional and forgiving flow rate than the more sensitive "peaky" fast flow rate of VST and their ilk. They are also very reasonably priced for the quality. I still keep VST in my barista kit, to use from time to time as I fiddle with this bean and that, searching for flavor.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Mar 17, 2019, 4:17 pm

Max1411 wrote:I'll get my 230V Bianca in a few days and I'll check that. Any chance to find the manual and the manual for the advanced settings anywhere? Didn't find it yet.

You can check the programming of the LCD (PID Controller) in the bench review. I don't recall any settings for changing the heating priorities. The 230V model has a total of 3200 watts, so it may just run both flat out.
Jim Schulman

Max1411

Postby Max1411 » Mar 17, 2019, 5:47 pm

Okay, thanks. I knew the PID Parameters sheet, just wondered if there isn't more but I'll see when I get my machine.

I thought the 230V machine has 2x 1400W, but however, running both elements parallel shouldn't get a correctly set up electric circuit into trouble (maybe country specific), as long as there aren't any other big consumer connected to the same circuit.

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Mar 17, 2019, 7:43 pm

Oops, yes. 1400 * 2 + 165 (pump motor) for the 230, and 1000 + 1400 + 165 for the 120.
Jim Schulman

matomoto

Postby matomoto » Mar 26, 2019, 4:21 pm

Hi my name is tomas from spain, i've got bianca since June 2018, I began to notice changes in the taste of my shots with the same routine. I removed the pressure gauge and installed a temperature clock like Eric's. I observed 2 problems, the temperature was 4 or 5 degrees lower than the selected one.

I corrected something the temperature reading through the pid (parameter factory ec=10, now ec=13)

The second and most important problem is that the thermosiphon of the e61 is not thermally stable, which conditions that the extraction fears a different temperature or another.40 minutes after turning on the temperature of the thermosyphon, varying sometimes being 85 degrees and other 90 degrees

If someone can help me or guide me

Same routine and presets.,temperature 94, ec=13 45 minutes on, previous flush

Thanks

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Mar 26, 2019, 6:45 pm

The brew boiler overheats, about 15C above the target, from a cold start. This speeds up heating the group, since it ups the thermosyphon temperature. If you restart the machine before it has cooled down, it does not do this. I've found that when the display stops flashing after a cold start, the brew temperature is right; but not after a warm start, when it is often too cool, and it is better to wait an extra few minutes.

The easiest way to check is to take a naked thermocouple and use an insulated pad to press it against the neck of the group. When the neck reaches the temperature you've programmed for the shot, everything is good. In general, on E61 groups, the neck temperature is roughly equal to the shot temperature.
Jim Schulman