Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 30

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Kilo

#291: Post by Kilo »

I have my Bianca plugged in. There is no difference with tank feed in using the Bianca. The water feed to the brew group is shut of by an electro valve. This valve opens when you start the pump by lifting the lever. It is not possible to pre infuse with line pressure alone because the valve remains closed until the pump starts.

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#292: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

nodrac wrote:Do you know this? ... reference part number of the kit is 1000185
Can you include a link to the PDF and video?
Jim Schulman

bakafish

#293: Post by bakafish »

Kilo wrote:I have my Bianca plugged in. There is no difference with tank feed in using the Bianca. The water feed to the brew group is shut of by an electro valve. This valve opens when you start the pump by lifting the lever. It is not possible to pre infuse with line pressure alone because the valve remains closed until the pump starts.
And the drain valve is opened when the lever is at the middle position.

thirtycrows

#294: Post by thirtycrows »

wesleynance wrote:I use a VST 18g.
Regarding VST baskets. Which one is the biggest that fits the bottomless portafilter? 30 mm is obviously too deep but theres a 7° taper over 8.5 mm if I read the drawing correctly:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0092/ ... _03-18.pdf

Anyone tried the 30 g filter yet?

I probably order some because I find the biggest original filter difficult to tamper. The taper starts a lot higher than with the mid sized basket and either I overfill it or I get stuck in the taper before reaching the pressure.

Max1411

#295: Post by Max1411 »

Hey,

I got a short question about the heating elements. Which one has priority if there is a demand for both, when pulling a shot and steaming the same time? Does anyone know how the Bianca manages the energy distribution in that case and could it be changed in the advanced settings? Is it even possible to let both heating elements run at the same time?

Thanks!

Team HB

#296: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

I didn't get a lot of details for my review; but it's pretty transparent. The machine warms up in about 20 minutes whether the steam is on or off, and I don't notice any glitches or slow downs when I steam for tradtional cappas and make shots at the same time. But there's 2400 watts total in the 110/120 version, so while both can run together for a few minutes, they can't run together all the time. In any case, however they time share; I haven't noticed any problem with it.

People who've used it to make a bunch of bigger milk drinks in a row may have a better handle on any limitations.
Jim Schulman

nodrac

#297: Post by nodrac »

another_jim wrote:Can you include a link to the PDF and video?
I thinks its repair or replacement kit no water flow change. Sorry for my mistake :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHsX9V40Hmg

https://lelitcom-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/ ... Q?e=AfNqkO

Team HB

#298: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

It's the real thing -- instructions for replacing the needle valve, and the kit for doing it. No idea if it'll fit in every E61 or not.
Jim Schulman

johnny4lsu

#299: Post by johnny4lsu replying to another_jim »

I have a hunch we'll know before long :lol:

nodrac

#300: Post by nodrac »

Before Lelit bianca i have Nuova Simonelli Musica and i have ims basket and shower screen. I sold them with machine. Lelit bianca basket looks cheaps and bad. Do you suggest ims or vst baskets and shower screen?