Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 24

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JayBeck

#231: Post by JayBeck »

robertw wrote:When the machine was making noises, the factory water softener was not put in. As soon as I put in the softener, the noise disappeared... :P I wonder why? With no softener, the tube inside the water tank is connected to a plastic strainer. Could water having a hard time passing thru the strainer?
Did you run water through the filter and let it soak? I believe 1st Line shows instructions on that in the unboxing video. Your filter sounds like it wasn't primed and the machine is struggling to pull water through it.

EDIT: Totally misread post :lol:

robertw

#232: Post by robertw »

JayBeck wrote:Did you run water through the filter and let it soak? I believe 1st Line shows instructions on that in the unboxing video. Your filter sounds like it wasn't primed and the machine is struggling to pull water through it.
JayBeck, if you read my post again, the softener didn't cause the noise. The noise occurred when the softener was not in place.

Is it possible to run the machine without the softener? My water is soft! I use Third Wave water supplement added to distilled water(TDS <120). With softener, the coffee tastes bad!(bland and bitter)

JayBeck

#233: Post by JayBeck »

robertw wrote:JayBeck, if you read my post again, the softener didn't cause the noise. The noise occurred when the softener was not in place.

Is it possible to run the machine without the softener? My water is soft!
Yes you certainly can. Soft water can cause scale though. I'm not a water guru but I do know it's not just PPM level but knowing what minerals are left in the water that is important.

I'm wondering if you have a screw loose. I know the ECM/Profitec rotary machine have a wing nut and washer set up that mounts the rotary pump to the machine for travel and should be removed to avoid loud noise. Does Lelit do this I wonder? I'd contact 1st Line at this point.

robertw

#234: Post by robertw replying to JayBeck »

If I install the softener, the noise disappear. Now I remove everything inside the water tank(softener, strainer, and tubing) and no more noise. This confirms that the strainer is restricting the water flow. All is good now, running quiet like it should be.

Stanic

#235: Post by Stanic »

Could it perhaps be creating some resonance?

guydebord

#236: Post by guydebord »

Im picking up my Bianca this Friday and have been thinking of plumbing it due to space issues... At the moment my water filter line is a 1/4" John Guest push-to-connect tubing and would love to simply split it to connect the Bianca. Does the Bianca have any water pressure requirements? What is the size of the connector that it uses, I would love to purchase the adapter tomorrow, thinking of something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B005XTZEI6/ ... DCbD1NCA7D
... Any recommendations? Many thanks!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

thm655321

#237: Post by thm655321 »

Use 3/8" John Guest not 1/4". You will need an 3/8" female John Guest adapter to connect to the braided hose. The adapter looks like this when installed:

I also have a pressure regulator on the line and keep it at about 35 psi as per 1st Line's recommendations (for plumbing recommendations see https://www.1st-line.com/buy/lelit-pl16 ... o-machine/).

And if plumbing in remove the tank, I believe 1st Line has a youtube video on that but it's easy.

Enjoy your Bianca it's a fantastic machine.

guydebord

#238: Post by guydebord »

thm655321 wrote:Use 3/8" John Guest not 1/4". You will need an 3/8" female John Guest adapter to connect to the braided hose. The adapter looks like this when installed:
Enjoy your Bianca it's a fantastic machine.
Many thanks! What would be the diameters on the fittings in this screenshot I took of a Bianca video?:
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

thm655321

#239: Post by thm655321 »

I wondered that too before I got the machine. To be honest I don't know. That adapter comes with the machine (it comes screwed into one end of the braided line) so I used it and the steel braided line together with the John Guest adapter and that connects it to my John Guest system.

cafederoberto

#240: Post by cafederoberto »

I've had my eye on this machine for the last week or so. Had a couple questions:

#1 how is the durability/longevity with the machine and is it easily serviceable in USA?

#2 I've seen that some other Lelit machines use a mixing technology for the hot water dispenser whereby the hot water from steam boiler mixes with cold water from the cold water source to produce a nice, splatter-free hot water dispensing experience. Does the Bianca have that capability?