Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 215

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JRising
Team HB

#2141: Post by JRising »

delta76 wrote:Maybe a stupid question but the cup warmer has holes which could leak water into the machine if you have a splash right? or is the inner covered/protected somehow
You want to avoid splashing water onto and in to the machine. Yes.
A drop or two isn't going to destroy the machine, but it is an electric appliance, you want to keep it dry. Luckily, the Bianca can be plumbed in, so you never have to decide whether to fill the reservoir in the machine or not, but if you do think about filling the reservoir while it's in the machine, you should be careful not to spill onto the top. The electrical connections and things aren't made to be water-resistant in a Bianca.

delta76

#2142: Post by delta76 replying to JRising »

thanks. with my current machine the top is "sealed" so I would not worry about a few drops. I guess I should use a silicone sheet, just to be on the safe side. :shock:
can't plumb it in sadly as there is no possible water connection between the pipe to where I would put the machine. so tank to the side, and then fill in every few days

delta76

#2143: Post by delta76 »

What do I need in order to keep my Bianca well maintained - just to make sure I have everything ready when I need it
- Puly caff to backflush the machine (already have)
- FKM/Viton O 6.07 x 1.78mm o ring. Bulk of at least 50. Change every 3-6 months.
- 8mm gasket, change every year ? even with cafelat silicone?
- allen keys 2mm ?
- grease, which one?

delta76

#2144: Post by delta76 »

answering my own question - molykote 111, which 100ml should last me a life time of quarterly o ring lubing

slybarman

#2145: Post by slybarman »

sorry, never saw your question.

yes that tube of Molykote will be passed down to your grandchildren. :lol:

jfjj

#2146: Post by jfjj »

delta76 wrote:What do I need in order to keep my Bianca well maintained - just to make sure I have everything ready when I need it
- Puly caff to backflush the machine (already have)
- FKM/Viton O 6.07 x 1.78mm o ring. Bulk of at least 50. Change every 3-6 months.
- 8mm gasket, change every year ? even with cafelat silicone?
- allen keys 2mm ?
- grease, which one?
What's the o-ring for?
- Jean

delta76

#2147: Post by delta76 replying to jfjj »

you need to change the o ring (2 of them), and lube them every 3 months for the flow control https://coffeetime.freeflarum.com/blog/ ... or-version
you also need to lube the lever from time to time but no o ring change is needed, as far as I can tell

slybarman

#2148: Post by slybarman »

every 3 months seems optimistic/ambitious. I'm shooting for once a year for the flow control. i don't think i changed the o ring yet. pretty sure i just reused it. not saying that was the best thing to do, but so far so good.

delta76

#2149: Post by delta76 replying to slybarman »

it depends on how much you use the paddle, but it's 5 minutes thing and if you don't, it can be quite costly to fix

slybarman

#2150: Post by slybarman replying to delta76 »

No doubt that is the case. I am on year 5 of ownership, so luck has been on my side . . . so far.