Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 210

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
VirTERM

#2091: Post by VirTERM »

I upgraded my 5 months old Profitec Pro-600 to the beautiful Lelit Bianca v3. I am still experimenting with the machine but already in love.
First, I adjusted the paddle to close the water flow while turning to the left. That gives me around 5ml/sec while the paddle is fully open. Is that normal? I was expecting a bit higher flow while fully open. Also, I found a little piece at the bottom of the box; please see the picture.
I confirmed that both of my knobs have the clamps so this must be something else. Any suggestions would be appreciated

BaristaBob

#2092: Post by BaristaBob replying to VirTERM »

This is an E-clip that, as you know, fastens something securely to whatever it attaches too. Maybe the tube on the bottom of the reservoir?
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

VirTERM

#2093: Post by VirTERM replying to BaristaBob »

Apologies for my ignorance, but I can not see any spot on the bottom of the reservoir where that clip would fit.....

VirTERM

#2094: Post by VirTERM »

poison wrote:So why would someone buy Bianca over one of the other options now that you can get flown control on pretty much any e61?
I just upgraded from Profitec with flow control. The usability factor of Bianca's implementation is order of magnitude higher. It's intuitive while Profitec is intimidating. Yes, Profitec gives you a full range, but do you really need it? The build quality? Thicker stainless steel does not necessary translate to better quality, I think both are solid.
Ability to program PI with low flow can enable non-enthusiasts to drink a good coffee...

Devcaf

#2095: Post by Devcaf »

I recently purchased a Bianca v3 and am having a hell of a time finding a kit to change the wood furniture from maple over to walnut. I saw on the Lelit site that there is an upgrade kit (item PLA2205) but it doesn't appear to be for sale anywhere. Would anyone happen to have a lead on the best way to get walnut accents? I have tried the official US distributors, but 1st Line doesn't appear to stock the kit as a whole or paddles/feet individually, only maple or black.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2096: Post by baristainzmking »

Why don't you try contacting Dave. He makes beautiful wood for espresso machines and grinders.

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine
Julia

BaristaBob

#2097: Post by BaristaBob »

Devcaf wrote:I recently purchased a Bianca v3 and am having a hell of a time finding a kit to change the wood furniture from maple over to walnut. I saw on the Lelit site that there is an upgrade kit (item PLA2205) but it doesn't appear to be for sale anywhere. Would anyone happen to have a lead on the best way to get walnut accents? I have tried the official US distributors, but 1st Line doesn't appear to stock the kit as a whole or paddles/feet individually, only maple or black.
This is easy...contact Dave Stephens. He is a member of this list, and his work can be found in the Marketplace topic section.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

milliways

#2098: Post by milliways »

The Lelit PLA2205 walnut upgrade kit is available and in stock at https://lamacchinadelcaffe.com/en/produ ... d--pla2205, and they ship to the US.

Devcaf

#2099: Post by Devcaf »

Wow! Those custom kits are beautiful! And thanks for the link to the seller in Italy. I'll show both to my partner and see which one they prefer, hah.

Ramthor

#2100: Post by Ramthor »

Hello Bianca owners,

Please see this video and tell me if it is normal or not to have water pooling on top of my puck with all my extractions on my newly bought Bianca. This particular one was 18g -36.6g - 27sec using the default IMS 16-18g basket on the bottomless portafilter.
I get more or less pooling with different beans, roast levels or grinds but I always get some.

My grinder is Niche Zero. As puck prep I do WDT, coffee distributor and calibrated leveled tamper every time.

The machine is on default settings 95C and 10 bar pump pressure. During extraction I get up to 8-10 bar max pressure in the group with the fully opened flow control paddle.

I think I am doing everything right but I am puzzled by the pooling of water at the end of the extraction. I did not get that with my previous machine.

One thing I noticed is the over pressure valve leaks in the drip tray during heating time which I know is normal, but it keeps leaking for as long as I keep the machine on which it shouldn't. I measured and it leaks 6ml/hour on average.

Are these 2 issues linked? Are they issues at all?

Looking forward for your advice. This is my first post here.

Many thanks!