Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 206

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBob

#2051: Post by BaristaBob »

Found this today. Sprometheus' recent YouTube comparison between the Bianca v3 and the LM GS/3. Looks like the Bianca held its own!

Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Drew

#2052: Post by Drew »

Hi everyone, after 3 years of Bianca experience looks like flow control nut somehow got striped of thread. Paddle is not closing needle at all now. Anyone experienced the same issue? Does anyone know where to get a new nut? Doesn't look like 1st line carries it. Thanks guys!

Advertisement
another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#2053: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Email First Line. But chances are you may need to replace the entire assembly; here's hoping I'm wrong.
Jim Schulman

Team HB

#2054: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

I just heard from Mauro Epis, who designed the Bianca. The part number you want is 2200095L1

Not sure what to say, except Wow!
Jim Schulman

Drew

#2055: Post by Drew »

Hi, thank you Jim.
Not sure how to take "Wow" but googling the part number makes me say, Australia? Did Mauro say, they don't sell them? Not sure what to make of it. I emailed 1st line, but have not heard from them yet.

BaristaBob

#2056: Post by BaristaBob »

Drew wrote:Hi everyone, after 3 years of Bianca experience looks like flow control nut somehow got striped of thread. Paddle is not closing needle at all now. Anyone experienced the same issue? Does anyone know where to get a new nut? Doesn't look like 1st line carries it. Thanks guys!

I'd say "wow" in a surprised, not so good way. Did you feel anything strange leading up to total failure? Also, since this is the machine I'm looking to purchase soon, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this failure?

Hope you can find the part. Repair should be straight forward, it appears.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Team HB

#2057: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Drew wrote:Not sure how to take "Wow" .
Meant it as a thank you to Mauro.

Not sure why the part wore out. I have noticed that my valve has a lot more resitance when the group is cold or after a chemcial backflush. But usually, it's very smooth. was yours very stiff in normal use?
Jim Schulman

Advertisement
Drew

#2058: Post by Drew »

Mine seemed normal too. Same as yours Jim, cold little stiffer and smooth when warm. Just want to make it clear, my hands are not gorilla hands, very delicate with instruments. Now that I think of it, throughout the whole time of experience with Bianca I had to readjust the paddle few times, because it would not close the water before touching the panel.

I would strongly recommend lubricating the tread. When I took it apart it was very dry and shavings were falling off. Not sure if Lelit does that when they manufacture it.
I'm hoping 1st. Line will ship me the nut, so I don't have to spend $200 for a kit. Surprised that no one else reporting the same.

JonTheFisherman
Supporter

#2059: Post by JonTheFisherman »

Hey, check with Edika in Montreal if they can ship parts in the States. They are the importer and main repair hub for Lelit in Canada and I have bought from them some small part for a Bianca before so there is a good chance they might have it.

Amberale

#2060: Post by Amberale »

There is an Italian supplier.
https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com/en/p ... -2200095l1

This has occurred to a couple of machines.
It is recommended to lubricate this section of the group at least twice a year.
I do mine every 3 months, it takes about 3 minutes.
It is also a good idea to change the o-rings for Viton ones (size 6.07 × 1.78mm).