Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 204

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slybarman

#2031: Post by slybarman »

I am currently pulling Saka at 88C. The shot timer stays on the screen for 15-20 seconds and the boiler recovers another 15 seconds or so after that. I don't know how fast you can prepare a new basket for a second shot, but I am not that fast.

if yours is taking minutes, then something isn't right.

boren

#2032: Post by boren »

The offset option in the main menu is useless. See Lance Hedrick review of the machine. I would disable it.

There's supposed to be a technical menu with an offset value between the boiler and brew group, but I don't know how to access it.

slybarman

#2033: Post by slybarman »

i have an 8 page or so document that details the technical menu options. it is linked or posted somewhere in this thread or can find it here (obviously this is not for the v3. I am assuming menus are the same but can't say for sure):

https://www.1st-line.com/wp-content/upl ... PL162T.pdf

to answer your next question: for the same reason your TVs hidden service menu isn't covered in the owner's manual either.

benb

#2034: Post by benb »

Hi all, my name is Ben and I am new here. I've been doing a ton of reading through HB as I have just ordered a Lelit Bianca. Moving up from a Breville Bambino Plus, so a lot to learn. I'm trying to prepare as much as possible before the machine arrives and have an outstanding question to which I have not been able to find a good answer regarding dialing in a machine with flow control.

The question: what flow profile should I use when dialing in the machine + grinder for the first time?

More details: I use Verve 1950 beans which are a medium roast. I figure the best place to start is aiming for the standard 18g in 36g out in ~30s and then playing around with the flavor from there. Should I pre-infuse, low-flow start/finish, or pull straight 9 bars?

Also follow up question, what does everyone have their pump pressure set to? But maybe that belongs in a different thread...

Any and all advice is welcome. Excited to join this community!

Abecker

#2035: Post by Abecker replying to benb »

For the first time I would just leave the flow control open all the way and pull some normal shots. Get things dialed in and then start to experiment.

Dubai Coffee Guy

#2036: Post by Dubai Coffee Guy »

Personally I first keep the flow fully open and workout what grind setting etc I need to make a good espresso. Once I have that done, I know anyone in the house can easily enough make a good coffee without over complicating it.

From there I then use that recipe as my base to then work on either pre infusion or flow profiling depending on what I am vibing for that bean :-)

Personally doing it this way allows for an easier and more efficient tuning process. If you go straight into grind setting, flow and pre infusion you are altering so many amendments that you never learn how to maximise your equipment

benb

#2037: Post by benb »

Abecker wrote:For the first time I would just leave the flow control open all the way and pull some normal shots. Get things dialed in and then start to experiment.
Dubai Coffee Guy wrote:Personally I first keep the flow fully open and workout what grind setting etc I need to make a good espresso. Once I have that done, I know anyone in the house can easily enough make a good coffee without over complicating it.

From there I then use that recipe as my base to then work on either pre infusion or flow profiling depending on what I am vibing for that bean :-)

Personally doing it this way allows for an easier and more efficient tuning process. If you go straight into grind setting, flow and pre infusion you are altering so many amendments that you never learn how to maximise your equipment
Thank you both. I will leave the flow at 9 bars while dialing in and shoot for 1:2 in 25-30s. Does that sound correct?

Dubai Coffee Guy

#2038: Post by Dubai Coffee Guy »

Well the pressure at the head changes as the shot goes on, so you could change the pump pressure and then run at full flow. Personally I would just keep the machine as us and tune the grind and shot and water ratio accordingly and then mess with pressure/flow etc.

So re ratio and beans. I tend to start with 18g of bean and go from there. I find single origin tends to work best on 18g yielding 40-45g works well. Otherwise for mixed roasts around 18:36g works well as a starting point. Once you have found a basic grind and coffee:extracted ratio that works you can then enhance the coffee with flow/pressure/pre infusion

benb

#2039: Post by benb »

Dubai Coffee Guy wrote:Well the pressure at the head changes as the shot goes on, so you could change the pump pressure and then run at full flow.
I was planning to set my pump to get 9 bars at the group head. Does anyone have advice on this? Should I set the pump pressure to 9 bars or closer to 10 bars in order to account for the pressure drop when brewing?

BaristaBob

#2040: Post by BaristaBob replying to benb »

Don't own a Bianca yet, but with many machines, it's typical to set the pump or it's OPV to 9 bars (some like 10 bars) using a blind screen. Once this is done the puck will dictate the ultimate pressure. As it degrades, the pressure will fall. Grinding finer will keep the pressure from falling as quickly, but this becomes a matter of taste, among other things.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"