Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 200

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
az

#1991: Post by az »

macal425 wrote:Have you tried checking that the float magnet in the tank is free and loose? It could be something as simple as the float being stuck and therefore it will give the impression that the tank is empty.

https://www.1st-line.com/technical-supp ... it-bianca/
When there is no water in the tank, the magnet falls down and short-circuits the magnet sensor. Disconnect the wire from the tank and the magnet is no longer able to close the sensor, the coffee machine assumes that the tank is full or machine is plumbed.

With the jack disconnected, the controller should have no way of seeing that circuit as "closed". (It should be as if the machine is plumbed in rather than on reservoir). If the LCC is displaying the need-water symbol with the jack removed, the problem is the LCC itself or a short in the wire between the LCC and Jack, or dampness in the jack.
It is. I disconnected the wire with the jack from the controller itself inside the coffee machine, but that didn't help. Looks like the problem is in the controller. But can it be fixed, or do I have to change the expensive controller?

slybarman

#1992: Post by slybarman »

crises = opportunity. can use it as an excuse to upgrade v1 or v2 to v3 since you have to replace LCC anyway. :wink:

az

#1993: Post by az replying to slybarman »

But I'm still unsure what part should I replace: a big black one (with a lot of cables) or just LLC (round piece with display)

slybarman

#1994: Post by slybarman replying to az »

Ah, I assumed from the posts we were talking LCC, not the gicar.

DaveC

#1995: Post by DaveC »

slybarman wrote:crises = opportunity. can use it as an excuse to upgrade v1 or v2 to v3 since you have to replace LCC anyway. :wink:
To do that upgrade would also require changes to the internal hardware, basically the low and high flow mechanism...so it's not trivial. I think, but am not 100% sure that the Gicar would have to be changed as well as I believe there is different firmware on it....possibly even an extra triac to fire the additional solenoid valve. The LCC can't directly do that, only via the Gicar box.

I'm wondering if the fault is not the Gicar box at all...an easy way of eliminating the Gicar box from the equation would be to short the Gicar low water detection circuit directly at the Gicar. If then it thins the tanks fill...the fault is likely wiring downstream of the Gicar.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#1996: Post by baristainzmking »

I just can't get over how much cheaper Bianca is in Europe. It is £1,582.50 in Great Britain. Why do we have such a huge price hike?
Julia

JRising
Team HB

#1997: Post by JRising replying to baristainzmking »

Slightly cheaper to manufacture... If you're buying 800000 240V solenoid valves a year and only 100000 120V solenoid valves a year, you're getting a far better deal on the 240V components.

And additionally the number of importers, exporters, and distributors that also want to make a profit of making the thing available over-seas. Look at the price in Canada, $3895.00 when they're not on sale, because the Canadian importers have to try to buy stuff in Canadian dollars.

slybarman

#1998: Post by slybarman »

DaveC wrote:To do that upgrade would also require changes to the internal hardware, basically the low and high flow mechanism...so it's not trivial. I think, but am not 100% sure that the Gicar would have to be changed as well as I believe there is different firmware on it....possibly even an extra triac to fire the additional solenoid valve. The LCC can't directly do that, only via the Gicar box.

the upgrade kit from lelit doesn't appear all that involved. one example here:

https://espressoperfetto.de/en/lelit-bi ... v2-auf-v3/

duna

#1999: Post by duna »

Could some Bianca user share some light about the available height left under the water tank when it is placed on the back of the machine? My furniture has a 70 mm wooden rim (something less than 3") all around and I would be delighted if the bottom of the tank on the Bianca could clear that height (although I fear it wouldn't). I already used the comprehensive Search function on this website and read every result, without success.

slybarman

#2000: Post by slybarman »

Lelit has updated their descaling video for the Mara / Bianca. I assume to incorporate changes related to v3, but that isn't entirely clear to me since they are using the Mara for the demo.