Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 199

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBob

#1981: Post by BaristaBob »

Group,

I have become totally intrigued with the new version 3, these latest improvements are things I have wished for. I have yet to read about clearance from the new drip tray (black or white model) to a bottomless PF. For some of my cups/glassware I need 4.75 inches of room. Anyone with a Bianca v3 able to tell me?

Also, I've read that warm-up from a cold start is much faster, is this true? I'm spoiled with my BDB. From a cold start, I can be extracting in 7 minutes, though I give it 10 to 12 minutes most of the time. What has the user experience been to date?

Thanks in advance!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

boren

#1982: Post by boren »

If you don't use the cup riser or a scale you can fit a 13 cm (5.1 inch) cup under the bottomless portafilter and still have a few millimeters to spare.

According to tests, full warm up of the Bianca V3 requires about 16 minutes with a few flushes or 20 minutes without.

BaristaBob

#1983: Post by BaristaBob replying to boren »

Thanks for the info.

My cup and lunar scale come in at 4.75 inches, so I'm good here.

16 minutes...that's stretching things for me. Can the machine go on a WiFi timer?

Also, are the guts of the machine easily accessible? From my experience with the BDB, being able to "pop the top off" once a month has increased the machine's longevity significantly. I'm a DIY type of guy, so if that are 4, 6 screws and you're in, that's golden to me. I realize this machine doesn't need nearly the tlc that my current BDB does, but every machine needs maintenance now and then.

boren

#1984: Post by boren »

You can use a smart socket with the Bianca. It has a physical power switch, when depressed the machine is turned on.

I haven't yet had to open the hood, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube that can give you some sense of how accessible things are.

slybarman

#1985: Post by slybarman »

the top comes off with a few screws and let's you observe the top of the mechanicals, but it's a pretty limited view, to really see everything, you need to take the sides off and that is quite a bit more involved - removing the feet, more screws etc.

that said, that is not something you are likely to have to do very often. over the past couple years i did it twice. once to upgrade the LCC and one to do a new hose kit to replace some v1 hoses that had an issue and lelit later reengineered.

i recommend buying a set of metric service wrenches to work on the machine with less chance of scratching or damaging.

BaristaBob

#1986: Post by BaristaBob replying to slybarman »

Steve, Thanks for more clarity on getting into the Bianca. I have everything metric from my car hobby (mostly BMW's). Sounds easy for the most part.

slybarman

#1987: Post by slybarman replying to BaristaBob »

the service wrenches are particularly nice because the angle of the heads were made for working in tight spaces making it less likely to hit the machine.

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-piece- ... 93668.html

az

#1988: Post by az »

I have a problem with the Bianca. It keeps showing the no water sign on the LCC. The pump does not work.

What I have tried:
1. Disconnect the wire from the tank to make sure the contact is open.
2. Check the wire from the jack at the bottom of the machine to the gicar controller, no problem.
3. Check the pump resistance with a multimeter - it's fine.
4. Check all 4 temperature sensors on the boilers, they are OK.
5. With the machine powered on and with the lever up, measure the voltage at the pump - it is not present.
6. Reset controller to factory settings by holding the + button while turning it on - did not help.
7. Check all pins of wires going into controller - everything looks normal.

None of the above helped, any advice would be appreciated.

macal425

#1989: Post by macal425 »

Have you tried checking that the float magnet in the tank is free and loose? It could be something as simple as the float being stuck and therefore it will give the impression that the tank is empty.

https://www.1st-line.com/technical-supp ... it-bianca/

JRising
Team HB

#1990: Post by JRising »

az wrote:I have a problem with the Bianca. It keeps showing the no water sign on the LCC. The pump does not work.

What I have tried:
1. Disconnect the wire from the tank to make sure the contact is open.
Please confirm the above.
With the jack disconnected, the controller should have no way of seeing that circuit as "closed". (It should be as if the machine is plumbed in rather than on reservoir). If the LCC is displaying the need-water symbol with the jack removed, the problem is the LCC itself or a short in the wire between the LCC and Jack, or dampness in the jack.