Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 190

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slybarman

#1891: Post by slybarman »

It does not have to be removed to get the cam to go back into place, but it does make it easier. i don't remove it.

i believe you need a 36mm wrench

hangry_barista

#1892: Post by hangry_barista »

Thanks! Ended up running out to Home Depot and getting adjustable pliers (or whatever they're called)

Some electrical tape to cover the teeth and off I went

Hopefully I did it right. The cam fought me a little bit, but everything is tight and smooth now. One thing that concerns me is that there is about a 1mm gap between the lever and the cam cover. No idea if it was like that before, but everything seems to be tight so I can't imagine it's wrong.

slybarman

#1893: Post by slybarman »

I've not had good luck using adjustable wrenches in terms of scratching the stainless. i broke down and bought a metric service wrench set from harbor freight.

slaughter

#1894: Post by slaughter »

hangry_barista wrote:Thanks! Ended up running out to Home Depot and getting adjustable pliers (or whatever they're called)

Some electrical tape to cover the teeth and off I went

Hopefully I did it right. The cam fought me a little bit, but everything is tight and smooth now. One thing that concerns me is that there is about a 1mm gap between the lever and the cam cover. No idea if it was like that before, but everything seems to be tight so I can't imagine it's wrong.
I confirm the gap so no worries there :D

hangry_barista

#1895: Post by hangry_barista replying to slaughter »

Haha nice!

Is it like this?

JRising
Team HB

#1896: Post by JRising »

Watch that gap when your brewing around 9 bars, you'll see it widen as the spring in there compresses.

slybarman

#1897: Post by slybarman »

Looks the same as mine.

slaughter

#1898: Post by slaughter »

Yeap

hangry_barista

#1899: Post by hangry_barista »

Thanks all

Next, I installed the IMS shower screen and Cafelat gasket

The shower doesn't seem to be as dispersed as I thought it would be, and I'm getting a debit rate of 180ml/30 sec - anything to be concerned about here?

The dispersion is definitely something I want to figure out, as I'm getting channeling and dark puck spots even with good puck prep

slybarman

#1900: Post by slybarman replying to hangry_barista »

solution searching for a problem? what is wrong with the stock shower screen?