Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 188

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Smo

#1871: Post by Smo »

I made a request to lelit support, we'll see what they say:

"Hello!
Tell me, is it necessary to somehow service the e61 group, in particular, lubricate it?"

Smo

#1872: Post by Smo »

Here is Lelit's answer:

Thank you for your mail.​
We recommend to​ lubrificate​ the cam (with​ molykote​ grease) as per following link​ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7Gub7r1DI

We remain at your complete disposal for any issue.
thanks and best regards
Judit Horvath​
CARE Department | LELIT-​ Gemme​ Italian Producers​ Srl​ - Italy​
P. +39 030 2141199 ext.583 | M. +39 347 7857718 | W.www.lelit.com

Coffeebeanzzz

#1873: Post by Coffeebeanzzz »

Ok now I don't know what to do, should I wait on disassembling and lubricating until it feels like it needs it? I don't want to mess it up overthinking it

Amberale

#1874: Post by Amberale »

It is less than an hours work, including making the coffee to drink while you do it.
Just pulling it apart will tell you how it is coping with your water re scale.
There are lots of videos on how to do it.

Smo

#1875: Post by Smo »

Drink your coffee in peace.
Your coffee machine is used at home, not in a cafe. That's when there is an irresistible desire to take a wrench and scratch Bianca, then go to the store for lube. :)

ckboon

#1876: Post by ckboon »

Finally disabled the SLEEP mode. This mode powers down everything after 30mins idle time, almost as good as switching off the machine.

The STANDBY mode function has better controls & functions. At least you can define the idle time.

Stand-by (energy saving) programming:
If the machine hasn't been used for the duration of the stand-by time programmed, once the minutes selected are elapsed, the machine will go in stand-by (energy saving status). The steam boiler will be switched off and the coffee boiler will be maintained at a temperature of 70°C

colb21

#1877: Post by colb21 »

Coffeebeanzzz wrote:Ok now I don't know what to do, should I wait on disassembling and lubricating until it feels like it needs it? I don't want to mess it up overthinking it
In the comments section under the video Lelit replied and said once or twice a year is sufficient. I usually set a reminder to do mine every 6 months. Didn't really feel any stiffness with the lever once I get near the 6 month mark but it's best to keep it well maintained.

It's not as daunting as it seems and the video explains exactly what to do. There are others on youtube as well.
One tip - I put a little ding on the grouphead and berated myself for days afterwards :cry: , so I would advise getting some tape to cover the grouphead as you will be manoeuvring a wrench around that area and you don't want to do any damage!

jacob7284

#1878: Post by jacob7284 »

hi,

i had this on one of my lelit v3s but not on another.
no idea what causes it.

ckboon

#1879: Post by ckboon »

I find the gap between the espresso cups on top of a acaia Lunar weighing scale and the double sprouted portafilter is quite big compared to the squeeze I had with my old Rocket.

So I found this square walnut coaster that measures 12x12cm and about 1.7cm thick for my Lunar weighing scale to sit on.

I bought it from:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001727592405.html

Alternatively, you can use the bamboo lid from Ikea:

Although it has a bigger foot print, it is easier to hold and move the whole thing (tray/lid + Lunar) on/off the coffee machine.

vRallye6

#1880: Post by vRallye6 »

Hi guys!

This thread with all its advice and detailed discussions helped me to make my decision in May to purchase a v3 Bianca, and I'm very glad I did! Having a great time, and the opinions and advice here has been a fantastic resource to help me learn the ropes!

Just thought I'd share with you some recent issues I've been having with my machine - it's been tripping my RCD fairly consistently over the last week and tonight I found out why when I disassembled it for the first time.
Below is my diagnosis/report that I sent to my supplier, in the hopes of getting a warranty service. It describes what I think is a leak between the brew boiler and heating element, probably caused by thermal expansion on heating up from cold.

Hopefully rectification involves something as simple as replacing a gasket or tightening a thread!

Photos were poorly angled, they don't quite showcase what I describe, and I've placed panels back since. But hopefully my summary is detailed enough.

Once I hear back from the supplier and/or get a technician to assess I'll provide an update.

In short, I believe the machine may require a brew boiler / heating element assembly tune-up and/or changes to gaskets, diagnosis summary is below.

I noted a small puddle and water stains/residue from previous (dried) puddles underneath the brew boiler, minor corrosion on the heating element's exposed terminals, and some stains / green corrosion on the heating element casing. The shape and location of the corrosion and puddles seem to suggest a minor leak between (I think) the plastic mounting component and the main metal body of the heating element.

There was also a small amount of water on my benchtops (4 drops or so) underneath where the leak would have dripped through the bottom panel and through the removable access port.

I did not notice any other water stains or signs of damaged /strained cabling or piping on any other surfaces or components (motor, pumps, valves, pipework, boilers/jackets). However,
I didn't search much further after noticing the apparent leak.

Oddly I also found a single loose stainless steel bolt inside the machine - please refer to the photo - it is the smallest and leftmost bolt in the photo.
Could you advise where this might have come from, so that I can confirm there are no loose fixings?

I was reluctant to make any adjustments to the machine except for panel removal, especially since the boiler is currently full.

When I took the photos, it was just after the machine had tripped my RCD 3 times in succession (i.e. I reset it 3 times) within 4 minutes of powering on the unit. Prior to this, most power-ons cause the RCD to trip at least once.
Typically, if the unit trips the RCD, it is within 5mins of power on from cold. If the machine makes it to operating temperature, there are no further RCD trips.

I also note that it has been colder than typical in my kitchen this last week or two - I'm heating up from around 5-7deg C.

I suspect that the leaks are being caused by thermal expansion of the heating element/brew boiler at their mating point(s), exacerbated by colder than typical ambient temperature.
When up to temperature, the heating element/boiler likely does not leak any further since the boiler and element are approximately the same temperature.

While I had the machine panels off, there was no noticeable persistent leaking from the boiler/heating element.

In hindsight I should have left the panels off the machine to watch it on the next heat-up and to look for leaks. I've actually reassembled with the intent to make a coffee tomorrow morning (leakages permitting).