Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 181

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jebus

#1801: Post by Jebus »

New Bianca owner here and very happy so far. Trying to keep a close eye on it over the first few days to make sure there are no issues. A question for the pro's here.

While inside I noticed a few of the clear tubes were sitting up against hot copper tubing. Are the plastic tubes rated to withstand the temperatures of the copper tubing, or should I consider adding some kind of buffer material?

boren

#1802: Post by boren »

Has anyone had a chance to test temperature stability (in back-to-back shots) of the V3 Bianca with a Scace portafilter? Can it come close to this performance of the Lelit Elizabeth? Quote:

PID target: 95c

Shot #1
@10s 94c
@30s 94.7c

Shot #2 (6 min later)
@10s 93c
@30s 95c

Shot #3 (2 min later)
@10s 93.9
@30s 95.8

Shot #4 (2 min later)
@10s 94.3
@30s 95.6

Shot #5 (2 min later)
@10s 94.3
@30s 95.7

Shot #6 (2 min later)
@10s 94.3
@30s 95.5

Shot #7 (2 min later)
@10s 94.8
@30s 95.9

bh2001

#1803: Post by bh2001 »

G'day,
Does anyone have any tips on getting those remnants of crumbly blue plastic from a Y-Connector out of the tubes in order to fit replacements? I've got the same situation with a Lelit Mara PL62S. I've got replacements on the way. Thanks for any assistance.

dak
Supporter

#1804: Post by dak »

jonathan_fl wrote:video will become your best friend :wink:
thanks for that!

Smo

#1805: Post by Smo »

Jebus wrote: While inside I noticed a few of the clear tubes were sitting up against hot copper tubing. Are the plastic tubes rated to withstand the temperatures of the copper tubing, or should I consider adding some kind of buffer material?
The tubes are made of silicone.
Thermal stability (constancy of properties over a wide temperature range of −100 to 250 °C)

Amberale

#1806: Post by Amberale »

Hi Brian.
Crochet hook or a small screw into the blue plastic and pull out.

macal425

#1807: Post by macal425 »

Wasn't sure whether to post this in Buying Advice or here, but figured that anyone that is considering buying the Bianca would also be checking out this thread.

I just put an order in for V2 with Chris's today. I had planned to visit either Chris's or 1st Line soon to check it out before buying. Both have had them on sale for $2600 for a while now. However, in checking the 1st Line site today, I noticed that they now only have V3 listed on their site for $3200, although not in stock yet. It doesn't seem that the V3 improvements are worth a $600 premium from the discounted price, so bit the bullet and placed an order with Chris's, before they sold out of V2. This is by no means a slight on 1st Line. In fact, they probably would have been my preference since they seem to be tied into Lelit more.

Looking forward to receiving my unit, but kinda bummed that I didn't have a chance to start a "Help Me Decide" thread.