Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 165

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
koluludome

#1641: Post by koluludome »

Anyone who used Bianca for a time like two year or more had any wet steaming problem ? I dont know where or how to fix it. Mine was the V1 version that sent to the distributor technichian to swap to V2 screen and brass three ways, steaming was went weird after it was sent back no matter what temperature of the steam boiler was.

The pressure looks fine without over pressure. But the taste was more watery also milk was blurred when pouring.

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#1642: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Some people have reported problems with the no burn hose inside the steam pipe. Maybe that's the culprit on yours too. Mine still works like a champ; but I only make one morning cappa a day.
Jim Schulman

Advertisement
elkayem

#1643: Post by elkayem »

I officially hit one year of ownership yesterday, and happy to report that the Bianca remains one of the most (maybe the most?) satisfying purchases I've ever made. I still wake up looking forward to that morning cappuccino as much as I did a year ago. The shot counter is sitting at 1412 this morning, and I probably could count on one hand the number of shots I've needed to toss. I admit that I was skeptical at first about flow control, thinking it might be a gimmick. I gave it a chance though and boy was my skepticism misplaced. It has given me complete control over preinfusion, allows me to compensate for errors in my grind, and allows me to taper off the flow and pressure near the end of the shot. I do recommend leaving the pump pressure at the 10 bar factory setting, since it is nice to have a little extra pressure in reserve when needed. Anyway, there is my endorsement after one year in. Looking forward to year number two...

Exordium01

#1644: Post by Exordium01 »

Mine arrives on Friday! Anything not in the manual that you had wished you had known on day 1?

slybarman

#1645: Post by slybarman »

elkayem wrote:I officially hit one year of ownership yesterday, and happy to report that the Bianca remains one of the most (maybe the most?) satisfying purchases I've ever made. I still wake up looking forward to that morning cappuccino as much as I did a year ago. The shot counter is sitting at 1412 this morning, and I probably could count on one hand the number of shots I've needed to toss. I admit that I was skeptical at first about flow control, thinking it might be a gimmick. I gave it a chance though and boy was my skepticism misplaced. It has given me complete control over preinfusion, allows me to compensate for errors in my grind, and allows me to taper off the flow and pressure near the end of the shot. I do recommend leaving the pump pressure at the 10 bar factory setting, since it is nice to have a little extra pressure in reserve when needed. Anyway, there is my endorsement after one year in. Looking forward to year number two...
+1. Mine makes me happy every day.

sunnynights123

#1646: Post by sunnynights123 »

you can reduce the max pressure of the grouphead by turning the valve underneath the machine. when i first got the machine i was regulalry hitting 11bar in shot and trying to work out an easier way to reduce without using the handle.

swosanity

#1647: Post by swosanity »

According to UPS my Bianca will arrive within 24 hours. Can't wait. :D

Advertisement
Amberale

#1648: Post by Amberale »

I am also a year in and still loving this machine.
Once I have the grind for a new bean/roast dialled in the shots are easily repeatable with a fantastic result.
I had a motherboard failure last year while still under warranty but have had no other problems.
I might have a spitting OPV in my steam boiler at the moment but I rarely turn it on and will check next week when she gets her annual service.

elkayem

#1649: Post by elkayem »

Exordium01 wrote:Mine arrives on Friday! Anything not in the manual that you had wished you had known on day 1?
That I wish I had known? Yeah. Put the feet on the machine before placing it upright on the countertop. In my excitement on day 1, I missed this important step and ended up leaving a nice scratch on my countertop. There are some sharp edges on the bottom of the machine. It might be in the manual, but who reads the manual before unboxing?

Other than that, be sure you are using good nonscaling water on Day 1, and enjoy the journey. I'm enjoying a capp right now as I write this reply.

swosanity

#1650: Post by swosanity »

Finally it arrived. Now the learning journey begins.