Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 163

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Amberale

#1621: Post by Amberale »

slybarman wrote:I'm a "free paint can tool from Home Depot" kind of guy.
I just use a teaspoon, it's already there. :D

Shootermg5

#1622: Post by Shootermg5 »

pablobell wrote:
Polymer coated steel bicycle tire levers are great for getting the shower screen off without scratching anything, I use two, one at each portafilter lug slot.
Wow that worked incredibly well! Could have used this tip before I scratch off some of the red on the Lelit logo using spoons.
Seeing as I drop the screen down for cleaning significant more than I change my bike tires, the levers are now in my coffee drawer rather than in my bike seat pouch.

mous

#1623: Post by mous »

Hi,

I am a new user on Lelit Bianca v2 and I am experiencing this weird issue. By reading the thread I have understand that the pump pressure gause shows the maximum pressure that the machine can use. Mine is set in 10.5bars. By using the blind basket, I am seeing in my grouphead gause to 12bar (top limit of the gause).
Is this correct or the machine has an issue? Also when I am brewing, the groupdhead hits 12bar and I am trying to lower it via the paddle, but I don't know if it's the correct way.
Any advice?

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#1624: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Sounds like panel gauge may be reading low. It might be more convenient to adjust the OPV so you see the max pressure you want at the group -- when you use the blind basket, the needle valve does nothing, and the group gauge should read the static pressure, same as the panel gauge. Up to you which one you believe.
Jim Schulman

shredkeenan

#1625: Post by shredkeenan »

Plumbing in question - I've watched the install videos and have all the parts I need, but something is bugging me about the provided adapter. Does everyone else's look like mine (flat mating face on larger end)? It doesn't seem right that this flat face is compressed against the domed face of the end on the hose. I would expect that the adapter would have a complementary shape to make full surface contact. Is this how it's supposed to be or did my adapter miss a machining step?

pablobell

#1626: Post by pablobell »

I asked Bella Barista to confirm that these steam tips will fit the Bianca. They have now tested and confirmed that they are a perfect fit and updated their site to reflect compatibility.

https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/izzo-due ... p-set.html

I've ordered a set, I'm hoping the 3 hole will be a happy medium between the 2 and 4 hole.

Rhinoevans

#1627: Post by Rhinoevans »

I watched a few videos. According to Java Jim, either end of the supplier water line can connect to the fitting under the machine. Says it a pressure fitting so no tape required. I haven't connect mine yet, only one month old and need to get a filter system. He recommended BTW however I am considering the one from Clive's coffee that use the Homeland filter which is also a softener for ca and Mg. Any comments from anyone on wither system. I definitely like the price better from Clive's coffee.

joeblow54

#1628: Post by joeblow54 »

I have searched but can't find a mention of this specific phenomenon with the Bianca (haven't read the last 50+ pages though).

Everything on my machine works fine, and I'm cleaning and lubricating all parts regularly. The paddle rotates smoothly when cold and after initial warmup. But immediately after a shot has been pulled, it stiffens up significantly. It can still be turned, but requires much more force. If I leave the machine on for "a while" (an hour or so?), it gradually returns to "normal".

Nothing looks out of the ordinary when I disassemble the needle valve for cleaning and lubrication with Molykote every month or so

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

sunnynights123

#1629: Post by sunnynights123 »

ive notied this happening with me. the lever only gets stiff when i backflush which is quite strange.

Rhinoevans

#1630: Post by Rhinoevans »

shredkeenan wrote:Plumbing in question - I've watched the install videos and have all the parts I need, but something is bugging me about the provided adapter. Does everyone else's look like mine (flat mating face on larger end)? It doesn't seem right that this flat face is compressed against the domed face of the end on the hose. I would expect that the adapter would have a complementary shape to make full surface contact. Is this how it's supposed to be or did my adapter miss a machining step?

Did you plumb it in?