Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 162

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Aeridith

#1611: Post by Aeridith »

Hi there,

All three variables are different. Different machine, grinder, and I'm the person learning at home. If I could bring my machine and grinder, I'd love to see how I could narrow down how the barista is "dialing their shot in."

Espresso specifically was a double shot. 20 grams in, pulling 33g at about 35 seconds. This yielded an espresso that was citrus with a chocolate after taste. My espresso comes out either too bitter or too acidic(?). I've been trying to leave the valve completely open to see if I can get it right.

Still a challenge and still learning. Sorry I don't have much more details.
another_jim wrote:Welcome to HB; but we aren't mind readers, and you need to explain more about what you were trying in Berkeley. For instance, was this trying with the same grinder, same coffee, same barista?

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#1612: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

You may want to read up on shot making and diagnosis skills
Jim Schulman

wesleynance

#1613: Post by wesleynance »

another_jim wrote:In your place, I would disconnect from the water line and use the tank or water bottle. That will tell you if the problem is with your pump or with the water supply. How's your fridge?

If the problem is in the machine, it could be the solenoid on the boiler fill or the pump itself. The simplest test is to see if it works at the group; but the electronics may not allow you to operate the espresso side if the steam boiler is not full. You might need ot call 1st Line (the importer) or your vendor to see how to check that part.
Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot yesterday. It turned out the water line, which passes through the back wall of my kitchen, had indeed frozen, which has not happened in the past. I was able to warm it up, get water flowing again,and all is good with my Bianca. I guess it was good to do a check of the whole system, clean everything up, etc.

Wes

nondairykramer

#1614: Post by nondairykramer »

I received a Lelit Bianca last week but I'm wondering if something is wrong with my brew lever.

In the "on" position where water starts to come out of the portafilter, I only get 7-8 bars of pressure at the brew gauge (using a blind/backflush disk), but if I move the lever up higher, it will hit 11 bars (pump is set to 10 bars). Do others who have this machine have play in the lever when turning it on?

Linked a video below to show what I mean.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QkuBchoNoaN8DrF17

BruceWayne

#1615: Post by BruceWayne »

It isn't fully on until you push the lever all the way up. You're seeing normal E61 behavior. The midpoint is usually used for preinfusion when plumbed in. On a Bianca, just flip the lever all the way up and use the flow paddle.

E61 preinfusion for plumbed and reservoir-only models

Smo

#1616: Post by Smo »

It is not clear what beliefs do not allow you to immediately raise the lever all the way? :)
The pump turns on at the moment when the lever presses the button located behind it.
Full opening of the valve in group e61 occurs later, when you fully raise the lever.

pablobell

#1617: Post by pablobell »

A couple of tools that someone might find useful for the Bianca..

Polymer coated steel bicycle tire levers are great for getting the shower screen off without scratching anything, I use two, one at each portafilter lug slot.

A Stahlwille 01280012 41K 1/4" Slotted Socket 1.2 x 8 mm is perfect for removing the brass water dispersion bolt.

slybarman

#1618: Post by slybarman »

pablobell wrote:Polymer coated steel bicycle tire levers are great for getting the shower screen off without scratching anything, I use two, one at each portafilter lug slot.
I'm a "free paint can tool from Home Depot" kind of guy.

askat1988

#1619: Post by askat1988 »

pablobell wrote:A couple of tools that someone might find useful for the Bianca..

Polymer coated steel bicycle tire levers are great for getting the shower screen off without scratching anything, I use two, one at each portafilter lug slot.
Would you have a link? Is it https://www.amazon.com/IceToolz-ACTION- ... B0028NEHMY?

pablobell

#1620: Post by pablobell »

https://www.amazon.com/Soma-Tire-Lever- ... 234&sr=8-1

These are what I use, anything a similar shape and coated should work well.