Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 157

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JRising
Team HB

#1561: Post by JRising »

It depends how you have your paddle adjusted. I'd prefer the paddle to actually shut off flow completely at full left, thus you would actually see the pressure drop off on the head gauge as some watermade its way through the puck. The needle valve allows enough variance between fully closed and fully open that I'd happily sacrifice some of the ridiculous high-flow at the top end for the super fine closed off or nearly closed off ability at the other. But, I'd also keep the pump pressure way up at the 11.5 or so where Lelit set it because the machine has the flow control for the purpose of managing pressure drop across the puck. Maybe limiting the pump's pressure output makes the high-end flow a little less ridiculous.

Entreri

#1562: Post by Entreri »

It's working, but it is not calibrated correctly. You can loosen it, take it off, and then turn the valve further to the left until water just shuts off, then putting the paddle back on in the leftmost position. I think there are som posts about this early in the thread.

antony.h

#1563: Post by antony.h »

I have a water hardness question and filter replacement question.

Can I restore that Lelit resin filter with the crystal salt for dishwasher every 2 weeks?

I'm using the reservoir tank with the Lelit 70L filter. I have to fill the tank every 1-2 days. Briefly use total hardness of my area 13.9-16 dH. I should replace my filter every 18 days. That's I have to stock up 20 filters per year. Which is a lot! And very eco unfriendly.

Here is the water report for my district.

I have a Brita pot type cartridge filter. I always filter the water before pouring into the tank. But that cartridge got saturated very fast as well. Unfortunately I cannot install a Brita PURITY C Quell ST system until I move to my own house.

Thank you very much!!

Smo

#1564: Post by Smo »

antony.h

#1565: Post by antony.h replying to Smo »

Thank you very much!

Which type of salt should I use?

Would you share the recipe you use? Ratio on milli-litre of water and gram of salt to use.

How to wash off? Just rinse the filter body surface on tap water?

And sorry for adding one more unrelated question. I release the steam valve every time when I turn off my machine. To release the steam pressure. Should I release the hot water valve to flush out the hot water in the steam boiler before releasing steam?

Smo

#1566: Post by Smo »

The whole description is on the link.

God forbid you use dishwasher salt!!!

Only edible salt for food without iodine and other additives!
30 g NaCl e per 100 ml water.

Over time, I got tired of this and I use the recipe on the second link.

Smo

#1567: Post by Smo »

No need for unnecessary manipulations with water and steam taps.
But once a month it is necessary to completely replace the water in the steam boiler.

antony.h

#1568: Post by antony.h »

Smo wrote:The whole description is on the link.

God forbid you use dishwasher salt!!!

Only edible salt for food without iodine and other additives!
30 g NaCl e per 100 ml water.

Over time, I got tired of this and I use the recipe on the second link.
Thank you! And I don't understand. How to wash off the filter? Using the rocket blower to blow 1-1.5L of water through? :shock:

And 30g of salt per 100ml water? That's a lot of salt. :shock:

If I didn't rinse it clean enough through, would it cause problem to my machine? Or it's only rather taste matter? I tried it once. And now the water from my grouphead isn't salty. But it has the salt "aroma".

nixter

#1569: Post by nixter »

Slowly making my way through this thread but I have a question about pump pressure vs needle valve calibration. Apologies if it's already been answered and I'm not finding it.

When I recieved my Bianca a few weeks ago, a blind basket would result in the group head gauge going off the chart at 12bar+. A 16g puck of a reasonably fine grind (DF64) resulted in much the same. I lowered the pump pressure via the screw underneath until the group head read 9bar. I'm now wondering if I should have instead adjusted the needle valve/paddle position so that fully open limits the group head to 9bar. I'm thinking this might provide a more linear control of flow pressure over the full range of the paddle.

Smo

#1570: Post by Smo »

antony.h wrote:If I didn't rinse it clean enough through, would it cause problem to my machine? Or it's only rather taste matter? I tried it once. And now the water from my grouphead isn't salty. But it has the salt "aroma".
There will be no problems.

The filter replaces calcium and magnesium ions with sodium ions, the taste will change.

Find food grade distilled water and NaHCo3. And there will be happiness.