Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 156

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slybarman

#1551: Post by slybarman »

Unfortunate to see. I don't think that's going to buff out, so yeah, I think replacement is in order. Sorry, can't help with the timeline, never had to do that.

Smo

#1552: Post by Smo »

Bianca is fantastically well packed.
And the metal is very tough.
If both boxes are intact, this could not have happened during transportation.

dockoelboto

#1553: Post by dockoelboto »

Pump/group head pressure questions:

Just received a Bianca from Clive Coffee. So far it has been fantastic and I love it! The pump pressure from Clive was set at 11 bar. That makes group head pressure up around 11+. Seems too high to me and from what I have read Lelit recommends 10bar pump pressure? I chatted with Clive and they recommend 11 Bar on the pump.

Anyone have any advice/recommendation on "best" pump pressure? With the flow control I can obviously limit group head pressure but just want to make sure my pump is "set" correctly.

Thanks!

Smo

#1554: Post by Smo »

I have 11 bars on the pump.
And that is great. And then the flow regulator is in your hand.

JayBeck

#1555: Post by JayBeck »

dockoelboto wrote:Pump/group head pressure questions:

Just received a Bianca from Clive Coffee. So far it has been fantastic and I love it! The pump pressure from Clive was set at 11 bar. That makes group head pressure up around 11+. Seems too high to me and from what I have read Lelit recommends 10bar pump pressure? I chatted with Clive and they recommend 11 Bar on the pump.

Anyone have any advice/recommendation on "best" pump pressure? With the flow control I can obviously limit group head pressure but just want to make sure my pump is "set" correctly.

Thanks!
I immediately dropped mine to 9 bar. Anything over that you're asking for channeling unless you are drinking some dark roasted stuff. I rarely ever pull a shot at 9 bar. I usually take it to 7-8 bar peak and then let the pressure naturally decay thanks to the perfection that is a needle valve.

FWIW a Londinium peaks around 7.5 bar. Lower peak promotes a more even pour especially with light roasts.

dockoelboto

#1556: Post by dockoelboto »

thanks for the info!

I think I'm going to drop my down, 9-10. seems like there are plenty of "how to" videos.

Hadrael

#1557: Post by Hadrael »

dockoelboto wrote:seems like there are plenty of "how to" videos.
It is extremely easy. There is a little nut under the right side of the machine, that lets you adjust the OPV pressure without opening up the machine in any way. Will take a few seconds tops.

Don't forget that usually in a lot of e61 machines, when you adjust the opv for 9 bars, the pressure at the group head comes down to 8 ish bars, traditionally. Bianca (and perhaps other Lelit machines too) seems to have the same pressure throughout, as we can see the pressure at the head with the included manometer. Don't be afraid to get it slightly under 9, to match other e61 machines, to increase consistency.

And since it is SUPER easy to do, what you can also try is to pull the exact same shot, with 6 bars pressure (use the paddle for that and keep it at 6 bars manually), and see what that does to your shot. You might need to adjust the grind for it depending on the bean, but still give it a go. It's the beauty of having the valve, makes it sooo easy!

dockoelboto

#1558: Post by dockoelboto replying to Hadrael »

Thanks! I will do it! Love the machine, I think the high pressure is making it harder to be consistent. Not sure why Clive delivers it that high but I still love the machine!

dak

#1559: Post by dak »

Mine is set to just over 8

dockoelboto

#1560: Post by dockoelboto »

Question about flow control:

I have my pump set to 9 bar:

I've been using the paddle to try and keep the pressure between 2-3 bar for pre-infusion. I allow the pressure to get to between 2-2.5 bar then I move the paddle all the way to the left. It usually keeps the pressure under 3 bar but it definitely keeps rising and on occasion goes up to 4-5 bar. I typically leave it left until the first drips of espresso come then I move it typically between 75-90% open. My question is with the paddle all the way to the left, should the pressure move at all or stay where I stopped it? I feel like it should stay at 2.5 bar if that is where I stopped it but maybe I'm wrong. I'm thinking my flow control paddle isn't working properly. Any advice?