Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 154

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#1531: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

stump007 wrote:Question for Bianca owners, is are you considering a next machine, or do you think it will completely fulfill you for the years to come? Right now it seems this machine will answer all my needs, but just a bit concerned if a year later I start thinking of upgrading to a LMLM/GS3 or a Prima :mrgreen:
I sometimes pull out my old Semiautomatica for a few days, when I get tired of it all being so cushy, and need the challenge. But I wouldn't go as far as buying a blingier and more expensive machine just for an old school tough espresso making experience. :wink:

Seriously, flow control is a complete game changer. You can get great shots without it; but it's a whole lot harder.
Jim Schulman
★ Helpful

BruceWayne

#1532: Post by BruceWayne »

I think part of it is that Lelit products are much cheaper in Europe than in the US. Go do a quick web search. It's pretty astonishing. It changes the decision making significantly in my opinion. In the US, the Bianca is priced similarly to comparable machines. In Europe, it appears to be significantly cheaper. There's no reason to buy anything else. :wink:

I've had my Bianca for a month and am really happy with the quality and performance of the machine. I did have to adjust the PID temperature offset slightly, but have had no problems otherwise. I really appreciate the movable water tank, as a rear-only tank would've been a serious issue with my cabinet clearance.

If I do get another machine, it would be a manual lever machine, and it would be an additional machine rather than a replacement. I am currently playing with a plastic lever machine in the afternoons, since I turn off the Bianca after my morning caffeinated shots and have started pulling a few decaf shots with a machine that only requires boiling some water to get going vs ~25 minute warmup for the Bianca.

Amberale

#1533: Post by Amberale »

BruceWayne wrote:
If I do get another machine, it would be a manual lever machine, and it would be an additional machine rather than a replacement. I am currently playing with a plastic lever machine in the afternoons, since I turn off the Bianca after my morning caffeinated shots and have started pulling a few decaf shots with a machine that only requires boiling some water to get going vs ~25 minute warmup for the Bianca.
Hey Bruce, if you have already had it on in the morning and start it up in E(conomy) mode you might b surprised how quickly it comes up to temperature.
Not that I would want to spoil the fun of playing with another machine.
I cleaned my grouphead gasket at lunchtime today and forgot to turn the Bianca back on.
My trusty Faema Baby came to the rescue with an 18/36 shot in less than 5 minutes. :)

To the OP, at this level of machine I think you are comparing BMW to Mercedes quality standards.
I can't see any need to upgrade from the Bianca, the only reason to change will be because I am old and want to experience something different while I can. :)

Espressoman007

#1534: Post by Espressoman007 »

Amberale wrote: I can't see any need to upgrade from the Bianca, the only reason to change will be because I am old and want to experience something different while I can. :)
People are different with different ideas and different ways of thinking. Just to add my thoughts to those of "007".
My answer to the question: Why did you choose GS3 over Bianca...is it worth it??
I would say...I bought it because I can!

If you can afford GS3, If I were you, I would buy it without thinking! Not because I am old, but because I can! And it's not about bragging, it's about enjoying and having as much fun as possible.
I am extremely happy with Bianca, also with my CT2, but that's my financial limit. Instead of buying cars, I spend all my money on espresso equipment ;)
If I was buying a car, and if I could afford a Ferrari or Lamborghini I would buy it, not because it's worth it, or because I am old, I would buy it because I can and because I want to have an ultimate enjoyment!
That's my credo, and it's the same I have with buying espresso equipment.
Bianca is great, but, hm, I wouldn't mind having GS3, or Slayer, or...

Cheers!

TS148

#1535: Post by TS148 »

@rasmusnielsendk the same happened to my old bianca as well all the time.

BruceWayne

#1536: Post by BruceWayne »

I know about economy mode. I have a smart switch that keeps the machine on for ~7 hours. Since I can't drink caffeine in the afternoon, it's just better to make it annoying to use the machine to keep me from pulling shots.

There's also the cleanup of the grinder that I'm trying to only do once a day. The amount of retention vs the hand grinder is something I'm getting used to.

ChahanGG

#1537: Post by ChahanGG »

I saw some retailers indicating that as of September lelit Bianca's will be delivered with black wood instead of walnut. Anyone know any info. Will this be a choice or will it be in black only?

Smo

#1538: Post by Smo »

BruceWayne

#1539: Post by BruceWayne »

1st-line sells a black wood conversion kit. I was wondering where it came from and why.

ChahanGG

#1540: Post by ChahanGG »

I wonder if thats the only update on the september batch. do you guys think itll have any other updates? im just thinking whether i should hold off and wait for the "new" version or not.