Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 147

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
LeoZ

#1461: Post by LeoZ »

Thanks. I'll buy water and try.
I removed the top. You're correct, one of the tee's is broke. Just disintegrated. Also the steam vale drips from the inside.

bakafish

#1462: Post by bakafish »

LeoZ wrote: 1. i noticed that upon startup, the OVP area (not sure from here, or something above it - vaccuum breaker?) the machine tends to leak until its hot and things seal up. given the price of the machine, i dont expect to need a towel :( anyone else have this issue or a recommendation?
Do you mean the OPV just above the drip tray?

If yes, it is normal. When the water is heated, its volumn expands and the pressure rises to over the OPV setting.

Advertisement
LeoZ

#1463: Post by LeoZ »

No- in the middle under the unit where you can adjust max brew pressure. Apologies I thought this was the opv screw. Anyway per my last reply I think it's actually coming from the broken tee on one of the lines.

slybarman

#1464: Post by slybarman »

LeoZ wrote:Thanks. I'll buy water and try.
I removed the top. You're correct, one of the tee's is broke. Just disintegrated. Also the steam vale drips from the inside.
See my posts with photos and link a few pages back. You probably need the same kit I just put in. Easy fix. $40.

LeoZ

#1465: Post by LeoZ »

Don Task wrote: At the top of this photo is a rough diagram of how mine is plumbed
Why wouldnt you place the PRV ahead of the 'treatment system'? The filter may have ideal operating ranges, as well.

LeoZ

#1466: Post by LeoZ »

slybarman wrote:See my posts with photos and link a few pages back. You probably need the same kit I just put in. Easy fix. $40.
you're the man! (person?)
https://www.1st-line.com/buy/lelit-mc4000027-spare-kit/

looks like someone learned, and an upgrade to brass is the short and hopefully long term solution.

slybarman

#1467: Post by slybarman »

Saw this over on Reddit. Somebody took the black thing to the next level. Still not my jam, but to each his own.

Advertisement
LeoZ

#1468: Post by LeoZ »

Smo wrote:To find a leak, you need to remove the top cover, there are no other options.
You may only have to fix the silicone tube.

Find good water, your options are clearly bad.
Read the topic water here.
When buying a car for a million dollars, you still have to go to a mechanic. He will not let you refuel it with crude oil.
Thanks for the advice. Update here, hopefully it helps others.

Leak- it was indeed the plastic wye fittings. They dry rotted from heat. So, I found a great upgrade on Amazon- 3/16" barbed brass wye fittings. Looks better too! I also found that the 'gasket' on the pid had dry rotted so there was a very small steam leak. So I put some plumbers tape to seal it better.

Water - I succumb to quality. The water here is apparently soft (approx 60mg/l). I tested with Evian water and the taste is improved. I will have to see if I can get my bwt system to produce a better water. Hoping a setting change will help inside more magnesium/flavor.

To note- the softer water seems to be doing wonders for machine health. When I pulled the pid it was perfectly spotless.

Don Task

#1469: Post by Don Task »

LeoZ wrote:Why wouldnt you place the PRV ahead of the 'treatment system'? The filter may have ideal operating ranges, as well.
True... I could have placed the regulator ahead of the treatment system but my primary focus was protecting my Bianca. The components of my filtration system are all rated at 125psi so and I wasn't really concerned with protecting them from my 70psi water pressure. However the primary reason for the chosen installation location was because it was whole lot easier with no replumbing or the need to track down special fittings or adapters. (spelled lazy) :wink:
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

cybernation

#1470: Post by cybernation »

Hey,
I just received my new Leila Bianca and followed the start up instructions to the letter. Unfortunately I realized that there are a lot of black particles in the water from the hot water spout. I continued to draw water from it but the particles didn't disappear. Only when turning the machine of and kept draining water from it the particles became less. Unfortunately as soon as I turned it on again the particles appeared again.
Did anyone encounter this before? Are those metal particles? Since the machine is new it shouldn't really be scale?
Any feedback is appreciated.