Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 129

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Don Task

#1281: Post by Don Task »

Hopefully he can send the you whole kit. As you might guess the needle is crucial to the operation. Worse case you could try to straigten it but I would personally prefer to replace it with a new one.

Just a suggestion. Not that 1st-Line Equipment has any obligation to your specific dealer, but 1st-Line "was" instrumental in working with Lelit in the development and prototype testing of the Bianca starting back in 2015 (as identified in this video.) As the biggest supplier of Lelit Bianca machines I know 1st-Line also carries a huge supply of Lelit parts. If your dealer doesn't have the parts you need, or runs into difficulty getting them from Lelit... "maybe" he can contact 1st-Line Equipment and work something out.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

Goldscalpel

#1282: Post by Goldscalpel »

I had a similar thing happen to me after two weeks. My retailer sent me a replacement and I am back in action.

Best of luck.

Advertisement
Don Task

#1283: Post by Don Task »

Well... it seems our friends in Germany are also reporting Biancas with broken gigleurs. Found this Lelit Binca thread over in the Kaffee-Netz forum. They are aware of the others reporting the same issue and questioning if its really the result of poor quality control on the manufacturing line or if could be a manufacturing defect. TIP: If you don't read German just copy any text in question and paste it into Google Translate

Originally reported as a "small number" of machines assembled in September, where a factory worker was applying to much force on flow control valve during assembly and stressing the gigleur. That explanation is now questionable as ncanakin has reported his was assembled in August! Hopefully Java Jim has been in contract with Lelit and the situation is under control... if not Lelit is going to start losing some credibility!

ncanakin

#1284: Post by ncanakin »

Don Task wrote:Hopefully he can send the you whole kit. As you might guess the needle is crucial to the operation. Worse case you could try to straigten it but I would personally prefer to replace it with a new one.

Just a suggestion. Not that 1st-Line Equipment has any obligation to your specific dealer, but 1st-Line "was" instrumental in working with Lelit in the development and prototype testing of the Bianca starting back in 2015 video As the biggest supplier of Lelit Bianca machines I know 1st-Line also carries a huge supply of Lelit parts. If your dealer doesn't have the parts you need, or runs into difficulty getting them from Lelit... "maybe" he can contact 1st-Line Equipment and work something out.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Java Jim and his videos are actually the reason why I decided to become a Bianca owner in the first place! :) Hopefully, that won't be needed but I'll definitely tell my seller about the 1st-Line as a possible option if it comes down to that.
Goldscalpel wrote:I had a similar thing happen to me after two weeks. My retailer sent me a replacement and I am back in action.

Best of luck.
Thank you! It's good to know there are others out there who have had the same issue and are now able to use their machines. My worry is that I'm definitely not very experienced with these tools and if this is actually caused by a professional assembly worker's mistake, I'm finding it hard to believe that I will do a better job than them at reassembling this kit! :|

Goldscalpel

#1285: Post by Goldscalpel »

It really is quite simple to do with readily available tools.

I am quite confident now that it will work.

moryanzi

#1286: Post by moryanzi »

Hi, i'm a new bianca user, got my brand new bianca just 2 weeks, about 4 shots per day.

But starting yesterday, after about ten minutes of power on, the steam pressure gauge will rise to a very high position, and the PID screen display is still in the ready state (the temperature number is flashing). The steam pressure gauge will drop a little after a few minutes. Open the hot water head or steam head to discharge for a while, the pressure gauge will also drop back to about 2.5Bar.

The temperature of the brewing head set by the machine is 92° and the steam temperature is 130°.

Has any user encountered this problem? Is it normal? Is it safe? What should i do next?

Thanks a lot.

Don Task

#1287: Post by Don Task »

moryanzi wrote:Hi, i'm a new bianca user, got my brand new bianca just 2 weeks, about 4 shots per day.

But starting yesterday, after about ten minutes of power on, the steam pressure gauge will rise to a very high position, and the PID screen display is still in the ready state (the temperature number is flashing). The steam pressure gauge will drop a little after a few minutes. Open the hot water head or steam head to discharge for a while, the pressure gauge will also drop back to about 2.5Bar.

The temperature of the brewing head set by the machine is 92° and the steam temperature is 130°.

Has any user encountered this problem? Is it normal? Is it safe? What should i do next?
Hi moryanzi...
No... this is NOT normal and I'm not aware of anyone reporting this issue before. I'm sure the fix will be relatively simple but in the meantime its safe to say your machine is unsafe to operate. Per your photo the steam pressure is so high the needle is off the scale but appears to be registering at least 4 bar. :shock:

Danger Will Robinson!

The OPV (Over Pressure Valve) that keeps your steam boiler from exploding is supposed to pop off at 3 bar, which if that occurs, will dump volumes of excess steam and moisture "inside" Biancas case. 1) You really don't want all the moisture inside your case 2) "If" the OPV releases it will only complicate your eventual repair because as I understand it would need to be replaced (in addition to fixing the initial problem).

Manually letting off pressure by opening the hot water wand or steam wand as you are doing works... but I personally would stop using the machine ASAP. If the OPV were to be defective and your did not release pressure / reduce the pressure manually... you could be putting yourself in a dangerous position if the boiler were to explode :!: <( Granted its not about an espresso machine... but you get the idea)

ACTION: Turn off the machine ASAP. Let it cool down. Remove the covers. Locate the steam boiler then make sure all wiring and connections to the thermostat are tight and secure. While you are under the covers inspect all the other electrical connections. A wire may have gotten knocked loose while in shipping. The problem could be a number of things. It could also be your PID is failing to regulate the temperature... or a loose electrical connection on the brain unit or the thermostat itself could be defective. Check everything and report back. I would also contact your dealer ASAP...

Advertisement
skansen

#1288: Post by skansen »

IMHO it looks more like issue with manometer...

Don Task

#1289: Post by Don Task »

skansen wrote:IMHO it looks more like issue with manometer...
Hmmm... thats always been a fault of mine where I tend to ignore the simpler possibilities. You are correct, it could also be a faulty manometer (steam pressure gauge) and the machine could be perfectly safe to use. That said... unless someone has a better idea of the problem I still wouldn't feel comfortable using the machine assuming its a faulty pressure gauge.

My concern is the Bianca is praised for its fast warm-up time. At power-on the PID cuts in quickly acting like an on/off switch for the steam boiler providing it with a rapid and full power heating sequence. The OP stated the pressure gauge climbs (well past 3 bar) during the first 10 minutes which resulted in my focus on the steam boiler circuit since its heating at full power during this time.

That said... I just finished performing a similar exercise. My machine had been off for over 6 hours and was cold. I pulled up a chair and powered it on while observing time, temps and gauge activity. FYI: My brew temp is set for 94° and steam temperature for 133°. Around the 10 minute mark a small amount of steam starting escaping the expansion exhaust fitting just above the drip tray. It only lasted for 2 or 3 seconds then stopped, at which point the needle on the steam pressure gauge SLOWLY started climbing and eventually climbed to 2..25 then stopped. (NOTE: Once fully warmed up and operational, with my steam boiler temp at 133° my steam pressure reading is at 2.25.)
moryanzi wrote:{snip} I open the hot water head or steam head to discharge for a while, the pressure gauge will also drop back to about 2.5Bar.
When you do this and the pressure drops back to 2.5bar... does it ever climb back up above the 3 bar if you let the machine sit idle?

Osanties

#1290: Post by Osanties »

New owner here!

So after 10 days making its way across the country, I finally got my Bianca on Tuesday and man o man it is beautiful! I am upgrading from a 14 year old Silvia and it is a huge difference.

Is there anything I should know or watch out for? Is there anything i should calibrate or test?

I have installed a BWT filtration system as my water is very hard and will be plumbing it in in a a few weeks as recommended by 1st-Line.

The only minor things that I have noticed, I am extremely picky, is that the side panel and front panel do not align properly unless there is a large amount of force applied before the top screws are tightened, and that when I plumb it in there will be an uncovered water tank screw whole in the top that will not have a plastic cover.

I can't get over how beautiful this machine is and I look forward t many years of great experiences!

Osanties