Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 125

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
brentvdg

#1241: Post by brentvdg »

Regarding pulling water from the Steam Boiler regularly......

I've noticed since day 1 that my steam water isn't a clear as my grouphead water........very slight brownish color. Does anyone else have that going on? I pull water from it pretty regularly and it always looks this way.

I'm plumbed in with a filter/softener.

Thanks!

Brent

slybarman

#1242: Post by slybarman replying to brentvdg »

Brent:

Brew boiler on left, steam boiler on right. If anything I think maybe the steam boiler looks a bit clearer. Admittedly the white balance of the photo isn't helping much.

Advertisement
Don Task

#1243: Post by Don Task »

Yep...if anything, water dispensed from either boiler should be identical. The only way water in the steam water could get contaminated is by failing to purge the steam wand after steaming milk. When the machine is turned off and the boiler cools down it will draw any milk left in the steam wand back into the boiler where it can turn rancid. NOTE: This issue can happen with "any" espresso machine.

Another culprit could be scale deposits which can build up and result in scale desolving into the water. (steam-boiler water is alkaline loaded with minerals.) In either event I might suggest a descaling operation and or draining the boiler and see if it improves.
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]
★ Helpful

kray

#1244: Post by kray »

Many many many folks fail to clean the steaming want properly. It is a common source to gunk finding its way back to the steam boiler.

homie

#1245: Post by homie »

thm655321 wrote:I have a couple of issues that have cropped up that I am looking for some advice on solving.

First starting a few weeks ago the hot water want would continue to drip after being used. Not always but some of the time.

Now in addition to that the bottom of the group (not sure what to call it) that spits water and steam for a bit while warming up continues to spit water and steam when at temperature and full pressure of the steam boiler (pic below).

Any ideas on what I should do to solve those?

Thanks in advance.

Regarding the second issue, this is what I'm observing regularly when machine is heating up:

During heating the water is dripping from it and some steam is coming out thru the knob. This stops when the machine reaches the temperature. I assumed it's something normal, but now that you say to inspect things I started to wonder - is it normal?
When is this knob expected to give water / steam anyway?

tpm

#1246: Post by tpm »

I reassembled the group a few times, but it's still very stiff. However, I'm no longer worried about the spring noise. I got to try another bianca and it sounds the same, just operates more smoothly.

I can't spot any obvious misalignment issues, to me it looks just as the images from the tutorials. How does it appear to the more experienced eyes?

tpm

#1247: Post by tpm »

homie wrote: During heating the water is dripping from it and some steam is coming out thru the knob. This stops when the machine reaches the temperature. I assumed it's something normal, but now that you say to inspect things I started to wonder - is it normal?
When is this knob expected to give water / steam anyway?
This is normal during heating. It's coming from the anti-vacuum valve. It should stop once the machine is up to temp, and the valve closes. If it does not, there might be something blocking the valve from closing. The usual suspect is scale.

Advertisement
Chadwick

#1248: Post by Chadwick »

Hi everyone.

I read dozens of pages and didn't quite find an answer to my question, so I'll ask it here.
  • I'm using the resin filter. The rubber holder sits flush on the bottom of the reservoir. Just curious how this works with the filter, because in the rubber holder wouldn't this restrict proper flow to the filter? Not sure if that makes sense.
  • I've had my Bianca for a couple of weeks, and in the past few days I'm getting a weird noise when pulling shots. It sounds like a vibration, louder when it's getting water from the reservoir. Any known issues here? I can post a video if that helps.
Overall I love this machine. No issue getting solid shots each time. Thanks for any help..

slybarman

#1249: Post by slybarman replying to Chadwick »

Do you have yours set up and installed as shown? It should sit slightly off the bottom. If it isn't, I would slide it up slightly in the ring that holds it. The pump will run slightly louder on mine the first pull after I fill the tank. Air invariably gets into the line and the pump cavitates until the air is pushed out.

Chadwick

#1250: Post by Chadwick replying to slybarman »

Yes, it's like that. Though I set the filter a little lower where the feet protrude from the bottom a bit.

Wouldn't the rubber support sitting flush to the bottom inhibit the water flow? Seems like a very intentional design of course, so perhaps that's a silly question.