Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 113

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
nikoker

#1121: Post by nikoker »

JJP wrote:Like Don, my machine is plumbed in, but I'd put the tank and box up in the roof, so was able to have a look. I wasn't able to remove the valve, or at least I couldn't find a way of removing it while remaining confident that I wouldn't break it. However, looking from inside the tank, the opaque plastic ring (shown in your photo) fits into the recess under the domed top of the red plunger - I've indicated it with an arrow on the image below. It lifts up (at least slightly) when the spring loaded plunger is pushed up from below.

As far as I can see, there are no additional parts visible from the underside:

My guess (for what it's worth) is that the red plunger and spring are inserted from the underside of the base (domed end of the plunger uppermost) and that the opaque ring is a push fit over the top of the red plunger from inside the tank and acts to keep it in position. I'm guessing that the opaque disc also forms a water tight seal to stop water from leaking when the tank is removed, but there may be an additional washer which I can't see. I suspect that some force may be required to push the ring over the domed head of the plunger and that a tool to push it on might make things easier. If you can't push the ring on easily, I would look for a long metal or plastic cylinder with an internal diameter slightly larger than the domed end of the red plunger and an external diameter less than the recess in the plastic tank that it fits into. Alternatively your seller might be able to reassemble it for you? Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your reply and the photos. I have installed it like yours and it seems fine now! I am now having a trouble to install the water filter. I insterted it according to the instructions but it is standing very lose.

Last problem to solve before I can have a coffee again.

Advertisement
nicholasnumbers

#1122: Post by nicholasnumbers »

badgerbimmer wrote:HELP!

I posted awhile ago about no water coming out of the water spout. Talk to Jim at 1st Line then followed their posted instructions as to how to fix the problem.

I followed the instructions precisely. Removed the water in the tank filled the tank half way with vinegar, opened the steam valve and let it run. I could hear the pump going 3 or 4 times in the first hour (I assume this is normal as the instructions say this will take hours). After the first hour I thought I would try the water spout just to see and water actually started coming out. After another half hour tried again and water started flowing much better and I could extra water. I took two draws of 4oz out but did not hear the pump going at all. So I stopped and contemplated what to do. Keep in mind at this point the water tank is 40%/45% filled with vinegar. After 10 minutes or so of contemplation the pump started going and drained the water tank to about 2" from the bottom and stopped. The LCC shows error code 3 "The steam boiler filing phase has exceeded the maximum time of 150 seconds".

I turn the machine off, waited a bit turned the machine back on after adding water to the vinegar in the water tank. The pump went back on drawing another inch or so from the tank. The steam level went to 1.5 bars after warm up and no code showed on the LCC. I waited another hour. I then tried the water spout, the water now draws normally, the plug is fixed. I waited and drew out another 4 oz, waited drew out another 4oz. I did not hear the pump go between any of these attempts so I stopped. I then emptied the water tank and filled the tank with water and ran 5 30 second opening of the brew head (each amounted to 4 oz) and 3 back-flushes of 10 seconds to clean out the group head, the brew boiler and the pump of any vinegar that may have accumulated. I noted that in doing this the water tank went from filled 2"/3" below the top to 2"/3" from the bottom, far more water I believe than the group clean would have drawn. Presumably that water would have gone into the boiler? So I tried another 4 oz out of the boiler, the pump did not go on. The error code has not returned, the pressure in the boiler remains steady at 1.5 bars. I have shut the machine down. Not sure what I should do at this point. I am awaiting further instructions from 1st Line.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

UPDATE: I turned the machine on while everything was cold, went into the LCC and turned off the service boiler. Turned the machine off. This morning I turned the machine on brew boiler heated up no problem. Turned the service boiler on to see if this would trip the system into filling the service boiler. It did not. Further as soon as, presumably, the heating element switched on the GFI in the outlet triggered. I assume I now need a new heating element in the boiler and who knows what else.....
Can you let me know where you got the instructions? Admittedly I don't use the hot water spout at all, and realize I should have kept flow going through there more than I have. Right now my spout only lets out an ounce or so of water before sputtering. Not sure if it's a clog or just the steam pressure setting. I'd like to clean it out just to be safe.

Thanks,

Nick

nikoker

#1123: Post by nikoker »

nikoker wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply and the photos. I have installed it like yours and it seems fine now! I am now having a trouble to install the water filter. I insterted it according to the instructions but it is standing very lose.

Last problem to solve before I can have a coffee again.

I figured this problem as well! A big thanks to the forum members who helped me!

Don Task

#1124: Post by Don Task »

Thanks to the great pictures and write up provided by JJP, I think I believe I have a pretty good idea on how to re-assemble the valve. I hope you have small hands. A helper to help hold the tank and valve would be a big help while you struggle to reseat the O-Ring. NOTE: Some food grade lubricant on the O-Ring would help it slip on easier but will also make it harder to hold on to. If no one is looking (a little spit...:shock:) will do the trick. In these days of Covid be sure to give the tank a good soap and water wash in the sink once you've got it back together.

EDIT:
Wow... things happened fast while I got sidetracked. Just noticed you managed to get the valve reinstalled. Good job! In the days before I finished my plumb in I did use the tank and filter. You are correct, the filter is a loose fit. But I see you got that resolved as well. Oh well... glad everything is up and running!

FYI: If interested, check out >this< video from 1st-Line showing the complete installation of the Bianca. If you skip to 10:45 you can see him installing the filter.
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

nonlinear

#1125: Post by nonlinear »

I just ordered a Bianca after 4 years with a BBE, can't wait to pick it up!

I plan to use the rpavlis water formula exclusively in the machine. Is it necessary to even use a filter in this case?

nikoker

#1126: Post by nikoker »

Don Task wrote:Thanks to the great pictures and write up provided by JJP, I think I believe I have a pretty good idea on how to re-assemble the valve. I hope you have small hands. A helper to help hold the tank and valve would be a big help while you struggle to reseat the O-Ring. NOTE: Some food grade lubricant on the O-Ring would help it slip on easier but will also make it harder to hold on to. If no one is looking (a little spit...:shock:) will do the trick. In these days of Covid be sure to give the tank a good soap and water wash in the sink once you've got it back together.

EDIT:
Wow... things happened fast while I got sidetracked. Just noticed you managed to get the valve reinstalled. Good job! In the days before I finished my plumb in I did use the tank and filter. You are correct, the filter is a loose fit. But I see you got that resolved as well. Oh well... glad everything is up and running!

FYI: If interested, check out >this< video from 1st-Line showing the complete installation of the Bianca. If you skip to 10:45 you can see him installing the filter.
wow thanks a lot for your effort, much appreciated! I resolved everything the way you described and enjoying a cup of coffee now. Cheers!

Nahal

#1127: Post by Nahal »

Hello friends,

I finally pulled the trigger and got myself a Bianca ...I received it three weeks ago. I absoulutly love her! I do have one small problem though, and was wondering if anyone could help.

I always purge the steam wand and thoroughly clean it (disinfect it with rubbing alcohol) before and after I steam my milk. A couple of weeks ago, I swiched to the four-hole tip and I noticed everything was clean. Today, however, I remove the tip to do some cleaning and I was really disgusted with what I have seen.. there were bacteria growing on the tip of the teflon tube. Any idea on how to avoid this issue ? do I shorten the tube or remove it completely ?

If I choose to remove it, do I need to open up the machine or only unscrew the nut under the steam valve? What is the best sleeve that can fit Bianca's steam wand?

Advertisement
Rufus T.F.

#1128: Post by Rufus T.F. »

nonlinear wrote:I just ordered a Bianca after 4 years with a BBE, can't wait to pick it up!

I plan to use the rpavlis water formula exclusively in the machine. Is it necessary to even use a filter in this case?
In such case, not really. The original filter is only a typical ion exchange resin filter, so it might come useful if your water is a bit too hard or as an auxilliary measure. It cannot be considered a comprehensive solution if one has really hard water. If you use rpavlis water, you are safe already. I'd either keep the filter for some emergency situation in the future, or use it initially and get rid of it after 3 months without replacement. That's what I did with mine.

Rufus T.F.

#1129: Post by Rufus T.F. »

Nahal wrote: I always purge the steam wand and thoroughly clean it (disinfect it with rubbing alcohol) before and after I steam my milk. A couple of weeks ago, I swiched to the four-hole tip and I noticed everything was clean. Today, however, I remove the tip to do some cleaning and I was really disgusted with what I have seen.. there were bacteria growing on the tip of the teflon tube. Any idea on how to avoid this issue ? do I shorten the tube or remove it completely ?
You made me go and check mine. It's clean. In the last 5 months I cleaned it maybe 2 times. But I use it for steam several times a day. So the question might be how often you use yours.

Some people shorten it, some remove it altogether, seemingly without consequences other than the wand getting hot. I kept mine without intervention.

Nahal

#1130: Post by Nahal replying to Rufus T.F. »

I use it once or twice a day.