Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 107

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Silentsim

#1061: Post by Silentsim »

Tzuyu wrote:I don't think the knob should have any glue what so ever, it's threaded, have you try dissemble the knob?
Have not, just recieved the machine

Don Task

#1062: Post by Don Task »

Hmmm... maybe some excess valve seal grease? I know the steam and water valves are lubricated but not to that extent. Maybe the guy working the assembly line that day got carried away.

Regardless... I'd pull the knobs off and check out the situation...if nothing else clean off the excess gunk...whatever it is. If you watch this video and skip forward to 9:45 you can see how they come off. (Just be more careful than Java Jim and try not to damage the wood when you are prying off the chrome caps.)

Here's what both of mine look like:
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

Tzuyu

#1063: Post by Tzuyu »

Could be brass insert For the wooden knob, They probably added to much glue Around the Brass insert, if it Bother you, contact your dealer see what they can do.

Don Task

#1064: Post by Don Task »

Tzuyu wrote:Could be insert For the wooden knob, They probably added to much glue Around the insert, if it Bother you, contact your dealer see what they can do.
Nope...shouldn't be glue (at least I hope not! :shock: ) I've had both of mine off ... they come off just like in the video I mentioned in my previous post. Simply remove the o-ring and chrome cap then unscrew the wood portion. Piece of cake.

Tzuyu

#1065: Post by Tzuyu »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-mpO-K_Vk here is a guide, take your sweet time, so you don't scratch the chrome.

Eiern

#1066: Post by Eiern »

All I see on mine is a lot of grease behind, but not on the knob itself, and I too think it could be that.

Tried wiping it off?

Rufus T.F.

#1067: Post by Rufus T.F. »

Following another_jim's suggestion from some other thread, I started flushing my Bianca's steam boiler once a week to make sure the risk of scaling is minimal and water does not remain in the boiler for too long (I barely use the water, only steam). I just realised that perhaps my MO is risky in itself. Here's how I do it: I turn the machine off, put the steam wand into a large jug and turn the knob. The pressure in the steam boiler initially is still the operational 1.5b, so there is enough pressure for all the water in the boiler to be pushed out despite the machine being off. I stop when there is only some steam coming out, indicating all the water is drained. The I turn the machine on and it fills up the boiler with fresh water from the tank.

I just realised that perhaps draining the boiler like that is a less safe option than simply pouring 1.5l water out of the wand with the machine on. But in such case, naturally, the pump kicks in and keeps adding fresh water from the tank to the boiler, thus never really replacing all the water kept there before. The OCD caffeinista in me prefers my current method. The paranoid scale-aversionist whispers that without any water in the tank some minerals are already there and they cling to the walls like crazy. Which one is right?

Adelda

#1068: Post by Adelda »

My machin is 9 months old Only
It shows error 03 ( steam boiler failure)
Should i take it to service center or i can solve this issue at home, what is the cause of such error? How to avoid it?

Don Task

#1069: Post by Don Task replying to Adelda »

Hmmm... if you're lucky enough to live near a service center I'd probably take it there since you're still well within the warranty period. However, before I unhooked my machine and lugged it anywhere...I'd take the covers off first and check the electrical connection on the steam boiler to make sure they are both tight, no corroded etc. And... as long as you're in the.... double check to make sure all the connections to the brain box are secure. No need to unplug any thing at the brain box, just push each plug to make sure its fully seated.

Silentsim

#1070: Post by Silentsim »

As an aside from the Glue issue, my wife will not be using the "profiling" feature of the Lelit Bianca (due to complexity). What is the best way to reduce to 9 bar? Is it to leave the profile knob a little adjusted?