Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 106

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
shotwell

#1051: Post by shotwell »

Eco mode would trigger automatically if setup that way. Mine is in a smart outlet so it wakes up in the morning and just stays on. There are pros and cons to keeping it on from a longevity perspective, but I don't really have a desire to have a machine in this class last 20 years in my possession. Given that, I'm comfortable just leaving it on.

Eiern

#1052: Post by Eiern »

Very fast warmup. I leave the brew boiler on from first to last espresso of the day and turn on/off steam as needed (usually just once per day). Turning off the steam boiler is an eco mode, but it doesn't turn down the temp of the brew boiler.

Aamz23

#1053: Post by Aamz23 » replying to Eiern »

As i will be mainly making milk based drinks i would need the steam boiler on at all times too. How fast is the warmup would you say?

Aamz23

#1054: Post by Aamz23 »

shotwell wrote:Eco mode would trigger automatically if setup that way. Mine is in a smart outlet so it wakes up in the morning and just stays on. There are pros and cons to keeping it on from a longevity perspective, but I don't really have a desire to have a machine in this class last 20 years in my possession. Given that, I'm comfortable just leaving it on.
Thanks for your help. I should probably get a smart plug with it then to keep it on all day?

Eiern

#1055: Post by Eiern »

Aamz23 wrote:As i will be mainly making milk based drinks i would need the steam boiler on at all times too. How fast is the warmup would you say?
Then it's about 18 minutes. Brew boiler only is only 10.

Silentsim

#1056: Post by Silentsim »

For those with a Bianca, is there white glue visible behind the wooden knobs for steam and water?

Don Task

#1057: Post by Don Task » replying to Silentsim »

I'm not sure if you mean "behind", on the back side of the knobs that are facing away from you... or directly behind the knobs right on the front of the stainless panel. Anyway... I looked all over. The only thing white behind both knobs on my Bianca are the white nylon gaskets used to seal where the steam and water wands bolt on the their respective valve bodies. Could that be what you are referring to?. If not... any chance you could provide a photo of what you are describing?

Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

Silentsim

#1058: Post by Silentsim »

Attached (with flash, so looks bright)

Don Task

#1059: Post by Don Task »

Aamz23 wrote:Thanks for your help. I should probably get a smart plug with it then to keep it on all day?
Actually... if you plan on leaving it on all day... there's no need for a smart plug... or ECO mode for that matter if you want the machine ready to brew "when ever" you walk up to it. When I first got my Bianca I left it on 24/7 for the entire first month of ownership. It's an old habit from my electronics days. i.e., apply power to a piece of electronic equipment and let it run for 30 days. If any of the components in the unit are marginal or have some type of manufacturing defect... 90% of the time it will fail in the first couple weeks. BTW...I detected a small problem with mine within the first day of my 24/7 testing.

FYI: The espresso machine my Bianca replaced was on 24/7 for 17 straight years with no problems... well... other than the money paid out over all those years for the convenience of anytime espresso. Now I'm more frugal and use a smart plug programed to the hours I'm typically at home, and... whenever I find myself heading home early or outside my typical schedule, I grab my smart phone and turn it on so it will be ready when I arrive.
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

Tzuyu

#1060: Post by Tzuyu »

I don't think the knob should have any glue what so ever, it's threaded, have you try dissemble the knob?