Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 104

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Tzuyu

#1031: Post by Tzuyu »

Check steam tip if it's clogged, most likely the culprit.

robban39

#1032: Post by robban39 replying to Tzuyu »

Checked and its not, I removed it completely and the steam is still uneven. Thanks tho

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#1033: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Is the pressure, as shown on the gauge, steady? If so, it may be that the steam valve is not opening completely. I don't know how to disassemble it to check, but the parts diagrams are on the Lelit site.
Jim Schulman

Don Task

#1034: Post by Don Task »

Steam valve disassembled...
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

gesk

#1035: Post by gesk »

On the machine we have at work, there was a similar issue. It was due to the Teflon tube inside being cut at an angle and slightly too long, so one side of the tube was partially blocking one of the holes of the tip.

IcemanT

#1036: Post by IcemanT replying to gesk »

I have the exact problem you are describing. When i use the 4 hole tip, one of the holes is partially blocked and just sputters some water instead of steam. I suspected it's the sharp angle of the teflon tube. I have not trimmed down yet, but contemplating doing so...

Don Task

#1037: Post by Don Task »

gesk wrote:On the machine we have at work, there was a similar issue. It was due to the Teflon tube inside being cut at an angle and slightly too long, so one side of the tube was partially blocking one of the holes of the tip.
IcemanT wrote:I have the exact problem you are describing. When i use the 4 hole tip, one of the holes is partially blocked and just sputters some water instead of steam. I suspected it's the sharp angle of the teflon tube. I have not trimmed down yet, but contemplating doing so...
One day while purging the steam wand I noticed one of the holes appeared to be plugged. Instead of removing the tip for inspection I just grabbed a small wire and inserted it into each of the holes in the tip. One hole was plugged and I was unable to clear it with the wire, however, upon removal of the tip I found all the holes were clear. I reinstalled the tip only to discover one hole was clogged again. :?

NET: A little measuring and I determined the angled tip of the teflon tube was just long enough to plug one of the holes. Maintaining the same angle, I cut off 1/8" from the end of the tube. Problem solved. I figured it couldn't hurt anything as some members remove the tube completely claiming it provides a drier steam. My steam has been fine with no problem producing microfoam so I saw no need to remove it.

koluludome

#1038: Post by koluludome »

Does cutting the tube affected to cool touch steam wand ? Like the wand is hotter ?

Don Task

#1039: Post by Don Task replying to koluludome »

If you are removing the steam wand tip and cutting 1/8" to 1/4" off the end of the teflon tube in order to limit potential interference with holes in the steam tips... then it will have no effect. The wand itself will still remain cool.

NOTE: The Teflon tubing itself acts as an insulator between the metal of the steam wand and the steam exiting the wand. You may have read where some members remove the entire length of tubing completely saying it yields a "drier" steam. If you remove the entire length of tube from the wand... then Yes... the wand will definitely get HOT!

For machines that do not have a Teflon tube /insulator, or if you elect to remove the Teflon tube, aftermarket attachments mounted on the exterior of the wand i.e., rubber sleeves, finger grips etc., are available so you can handle the wand safely.

Eiern

#1040: Post by Eiern »

Been playing with SSP High Uniformity burrs in my EK lately with the Bianca. It's fun to pull shots, but I drink way too much espresso every day now. I have sucess with the 18g VST with the Bianca, compared to the ECM with stock EK burrs where I used the 20g VST basket.

Has anyone tried the 15g VST with unimodal style grinders with the Bianca, or is it just asking for trouble? I need to order VST baskets from out of country and won't bother if it's hopeless. Doesn't seem like the Bianca has the biggest headroom for upping doses.

Also I really like the Bianca so far. It heats up so fast, water stays fresh and chill, no temp surf flushing, so easy to change max pressure of the pump, and controlling flowrate is of course both fun and rewarding. Even just having a manometer at the group showing actual pressure is of great help.