Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 103

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Tzuyu

#1021: Post by Tzuyu »

You can adjust your pump 10.5 bar, if you adjust pump go with the pump gauge, if you use the paddle Go with group gauge, for coffee dosage.

Don Task

#1022: Post by Don Task »

Espressoman007 wrote:So, when I measured those 175 g in 30 sec, it was or it is with a pump or boiler pressure at 10 bar.
Pressure on puck goes max to 11 bar.
Tzuyu wrote:You can adjust your pump 10.5 bar, if you adjust pump go with the pump gauge, if you use the paddle Go with group gauge, for coffee dosage.
Just FYI: If adjusting pump pressure only do it with no portafilter mounted and the paddle all the way to the left to shut off all water flow then only refer to the pump pressure gauge on the front of the machine. Due to thermal expansion in both the group and the portafilter handle do not use the group gauge to adjust pump pressure. Also ... make sure not to confuse "steam "boiler" pressure with "pump" pressure" (two different animals) Steam boiler pressure in the Bianca V2 max'es out around 2 bar and the gauge itself maxes out at 3 bar.

Tips from the experts:
Pump pressure - How to Adjustment
Don't use a blind filter for profiling
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

lelelelit

#1023: Post by lelelelit »

Hey all, thanks in part to the wonderful info on this thread I'm the proud owner of a new Lelit Bianca v2 (v4.07). I'm running into a small issue that I was hoping someone could help with.

I've noticed that after 30 minutes of inactivity the machine turns off on it's own. The display turns off, the pressure drops and the lever does nothing but the light ring around the power stays on (image attached). This is not ideal since I'd like to leave it to heat a little bit longer.

I was wondering is this a feature or a bug and can this somehow be disabled? I have energy saving mode turned OFF and have read the user manual in detail with no solution.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Tzuyu

#1024: Post by Tzuyu »

You should consult with your dealer.

lelelelit

#1025: Post by lelelelit »

Tzuyu wrote:Your on sleep mode you can turn off the features in lcc display.
Is sleep mode the same as stand-by (energy saving) mode? Confirming that I have this OFF. I do not get an icon that flashes every 5 seconds.

Espressoman007

#1026: Post by Espressoman007 »

Don Task wrote:Just FYI: If adjusting pump pressure only do it with no portafilter mounted and the paddle all the way to the left to shut off all water flow then only refer to the pump pressure gauge on the front of the machine. Due to thermal expansion in both the group and the portafilter handle do not use the group gauge to adjust pump pressure. Also ... make sure not to confuse "steam "boiler" pressure with "pump" pressure" (two different animals) Steam boiler pressure in the Bianca V2 max'es out around 2 bar and the gauge itself maxes out at 3 bar.

Tips from the experts:
Pump pressure - How to Adjustment
Don't use a blind filter for profiling
Absolutely, I don't have intention to change anything, I am fine with the paddle settings, it works, that's important to me, if the paddle has some spare room I don't pay much attention to that. And 10 bar on boiler pressure (some call it pump), is something I am perfectly satisfied with and my steam is off most of the time, I switch it on only occasionally to refill some water.

Cheers

Don Task

#1027: Post by Don Task »

lelelelit wrote:Hey all, thanks in part to the wonderful info on this thread I'm the proud owner of a new Lelit Bianca v2 (v4.07). I'm running into a small issue that I was hoping someone could help with.

I've noticed that after 30 minutes of inactivity the machine turns off on it's own. The display turns off, the pressure drops and the lever does nothing but the light ring around the power stays on (image attached). This is not ideal since I'd like to leave it to heat a little bit longer.
I sent you a PM...

JJP

#1028: Post by JJP »

lelelelit wrote:Hey all, thanks in part to the wonderful info on this thread I'm the proud owner of a new Lelit Bianca v2 (v4.07). I'm running into a small issue that I was hoping someone could help with.

I was wondering is this a feature or a bug and can this somehow be disabled? I have energy saving mode turned OFF and have read the user manual in detail with no solution.

This sounds remarkably similar to the issue I had with my Bianca which arrived at the end of July, only mine turned off after 40-45 minutes (light ring remained on, couldn't be reactivated by lifting the lever or pressing the + / - buttons, not influenced by the status of energy saving mode and required power off-on to restart). I registered the machine on the Lelit site (https://care.lelit.com) and sent a description of what was happening to Lelit technical support. They suggested that it was a problem with the gicar control card (part # 9600046). I contacted the seller in the UK who ordered a new control card and posted it on to me (at my request to avoid the hassle of returning the machine). Changing the gicar control card was extremely straightforward and my Bianca has worked perfectly since. Hope this helps.

Don Task

#1029: Post by Don Task replying to JJP »

Yep... Lelit identified that a small number of machines shipped in mid July had a software/firmware issue with the Gicar (i.e., brain unit) that manifested as the machine shutting itself off after 30 to 40 minutes. Because there is no way to update the firmware remotely both Lelit and its authorized dealers immediately made arrangements to ship out replacement Gicar units to the machines that were affected. As you indicated, changing the unit is pretty straightforward (removing a single screw that secures the unit to a bracket on the steam boiler and moving the connectors over from one unit to the other) The biggest pain is having to remove the bazillion screws needed just to get the cover off. (okay... admittedly slight less that a bazillion) :roll:

robban39

#1030: Post by robban39 »

Heya, I have some trouble with my steam on my Bianca, the flow of steam is very uneven. The pressure is even so it should not have something to do with that. Any idea what it could be? Thanks!