Lelit Bianca V2 Unboxing Gripes - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
iseebirdsfly

#11: Post by iseebirdsfly »

I have MaraX. It is my first machine. It looks ok with shiny E61 head group and I understand its still good value for the features. But I recently bought a full size fridge with led lights, digital temperature adjustment, vegetable/fruit zone, glass/aluminium and nice plastic, A+++, it looks nice and it was half the price of MaraX. Espresso machines is an expensive niche.

shotwell

#12: Post by shotwell »

I dug my original baskets out to compare, and I'd say the look similar though not quite as bad. The high quality basket that came with my espresso forge has more uniform hole size and doesn't show any change in metal towards the edge. I'd call a better basket a good idea, with the Espresso Parts High Quality 14g being a common recommendation. The ridged and ridgeless versions have different geometries, with the ridged closely matching your original Lelit 18g basket in size and shape. I'd imagine there are other nice baskets available where you are, but you may want to work with the shop you bought from to quality check them before accepting them.

I prefer high flow rate baskets, but if you want something that works like stock I wouldn't pick up an IMS, VST, or Decent basket.

Eres

#13: Post by Eres »

iseebirdsfly wrote:I have MaraX. It is my first machine. It looks ok with shiny E61 head group and I understand its still good value for the features. But I recently bought a full size fridge with led lights, digital temperature adjustment, vegetable/fruit zone, glass/aluminium and nice plastic, A+++, it looks nice and it was half the price of MaraX. Espresso machines is an expensive niche.
How good is the espresso the fridge makes?

Nusstu

#14: Post by Nusstu »

I guess you're lucky to have the wood matched. It seems that the newer models have poorer finishings. Just noticed the wood accents look worse under daylight.

Nusstu

#15: Post by Nusstu »

@shotwell why would you say Vst, Ims and Decent don't work like stock? What's the difference?

Thanks for recommending espresso parts I might prefer that since I'm looking for a good quality 14g basket and Vst, ims etc don't seem to make smaller than 18g?

shotwell

#16: Post by shotwell »

Those precision baskets have more hole surface, so a faster flow rate. Some people prefer a slower basket for a profiling machine, but I'm not one of them.

I'm not sure about VST or IMS, but Decent makes smaller high flow baskets. I'd be shocked if VST and IMS don't, but I don't own one.

Valo_Soul

#17: Post by Valo_Soul »

Nusstu wrote:I guess you're lucky to have the wood matched. It seems that the newer models have poorer finishings. Just noticed the wood accents look worse under daylight.

This is shocking. It looks like two completely different types of wood. The Bianca has been my goal machine for a while now, but seeing a post like this makes me question things. Even though I use VST baskets, it just doesn't sit well to see the poor quality of their stock baskets shown in your photos, along with these issues with the wood, etc. To some this may not matter much, but I'm the type who cares about every detail.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by Nunas »

I think expecting perfection from LeLit is expecting a bit too much. Using an auto analogy, my opinion is they make Chevrolet 4-door sedans. One gets a lot for one's money, but there are shortcuts taken to keep the cost down. Fora Mercedes espresso machine then maybe spend a bit more for an ECM or Profitec. For a Rolls Royce then maybe it's a Slayer. Personally, I like what LeLit is doing with their latest machines; seems like good value for money to me. One could always refinish the wooden bits to get them to match more closely :) .

iseebirdsfly

#19: Post by iseebirdsfly »

Eres wrote:How good is the espresso the fridge makes?
My point is that espresso machines are expensive compared to other appliances and reality is that at this price point you only get very basic accessories. I think La Marzocco includes VST baskets out of the box?

Thermosiphon

#20: Post by Thermosiphon »

Honestly I'd rather have a nice plastic portafilter handle rather than a slightly off-tone wood that clashes with the knobs and the flow paddle.
Cheers,
Bill