Lelit Bianca tripping the breaker - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
marcolz

#11: Post by marcolz »

Just wanted to share that the same is happening with my Bianca v2. After about 2 years of seamless use. I'll open it up and check for obvious signs (I'm not an electrician) as soon as I can.

farinasa

#12: Post by farinasa »

Hello! I'm running into the same issue and just wondering if anyone has made any progress. Thanks!

JRising
Team HB

#13: Post by JRising replying to farinasa »

Yes. Many of us have solved such issues many times. We could probably help you narrow down the possibilities of your issue. What are your symptoms? Tripping the Circuit Panel breaker(GFCI or regular breaker?) or a GFCI one at the receptacle?

Does it happen with the machine unplugged, off and reservoir out? If not, then With the machine plugged in, but off and reservoir out? If not then turned on but with the reservoir still out? If not then with the reservoir full and in? etc. Any info that you'd like to provide might narrow down the possibilities. Please remember how many of us can see or test your machine, most of us will have to rely on your eyes.

farinasa

#14: Post by farinasa »

The machine turns on. When the tank is off, it just sits with the low water signal. When the tank is attached and full, as soon as it gets out of boot and into what I assume is the heating phase, the GFCI outlet blows. Circuit breaker never blows. I don't see any obvious shorts or loose wiring. I've tried multiple outlets. The machine is about a year old.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Managed to turn off the steam boiler and still having the issue.

JRising
Team HB

#15: Post by JRising »

It's going to be a short circuit to ground at the Brew Boiler heating element, most likely. Possibly at the Steam Boiler Element...

You could unplug the machine, take the reservoir carrier off, take the top panel off and check for resistance from each of the safety t-stats to boiler-body ground with your ohmeter in its highest range to confirm which boiler.

farinasa

#16: Post by farinasa »

Thanks for the troubleshooting tips. Ultimately I tried unplugging each boiler and then powering on, and it turned out to be the steam boiler. The coffee boiler still heats up and I can even pull shots, but when the steam boiler is plugged in the outlet trips indtantly. Thankfully it's under an extended warranty and the retailer is sending a new steam element free of charge.

Thanks again!